Impulse purchased a DNA. Mixed feelings.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Quick update.

After 36 hours of use I'm going to say that battery life generally seems a bit better than the SGS3. I've not let it run a battery completely out yet to know for sure but I feel slightly less tethered to the charger so far.

The other thing is that it isn't very comfortable to hold while running. I'd gotten used to the sgs3 and it seemed in the store like the DNA isn't really that much thicker in terms of circumference but it is. Its tough to run 5km with the DNA.

I also had a bizarre thing happen with google music today (which I listen to while I run). The player started doing uncommanded track advance and went crazy with it, I had to reboot the phone to get it to stop. No idea why that happened.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Some music apps advance with a shake of phone. Not sure if google music does that or not.

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I think the Note 2 is really just a stretched out SGS3 and to me that really would have been a side grade. What does the Note 2 have (besides an s pen) that the SGS3 doesn't?

I agree besides for me the Note 2 is too big for a phone. I also have a Nexus 7, so no need.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree besides for me the Note 2 is too big for a phone. I also have a Nexus 7, so no need.

I have the GNII and I love it! But, you know that's where we all have Apple beat, we have choices! And allot of great choices! There all really great smart phones, GN II, DNA, GSIII, ONE X! Just pick the one that's best for YOU!

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the GNII and I love it! But, you know that's where we all have Apple beat, we have choices! And allot of great choices! There all really great smart phones, GN II, DNA, GSIII, ONE X! Just pick the one that's best for YOU!

Bingo. And that, at the end of the day, is what it's all about -- choices. With Apple you are locked into their entire system/world view tighter than sardines in a can. Just like the advent of the personal computer (PC) was 15-20 years ago, that's what android brings to the table now. TYVM but I really don't want to be a lemming-like Apple sheeple.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Another issue, which I saw now and then on the SGS3 but fairly rarely. The data connection will drop and doesn't come back without a reboot.

uploadfromtaptalk1353879263073.jpg

Note no 4G or 3G or anything.

Sent from my Droid DNA

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I have the same data connection issue on my droid RAZR HD' especially if I am in a building for a long period of time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
It's clearly not a signal issue because it immediately comes back with a reboot, but nothing else seems to get it to come back (toggling airplane mode or what not). I'm not sure if this is a CDMA+LTE sucks thing, or an android ... could use some polish thing, but I haven't ever seen this on Windows Phone or iPhone.

I have the same data connection issue on my droid RAZR HD' especially if I am in a building for a long period of time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I think the issue is that your earphone jack was not fully inserted into the port.

I had the same issue before with my phone.

On some earphones you can play / pause & skip via buttons on the earphones. If your earphone jack is sliding in the port, your phone thinks you are pressing these buttons.

I haven't seen this on mine but had it bad with the Bionic. If your S3 didn't have this in the same locations get the phone replaced.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
This is off topic, but your notification bar is packed!

I am one of those guys who has to compulsively clear my notification bar. Not too sure why I do that.

Was thinking the same thing. Why o why will htc not get rid of that awful wifi notification?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Getting this phone today because I have to head back to Verizon. Wish me luck

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Darth Duane

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Could you please explain how this could not be rude?

- Mark

It was rude as hell, but I can see where he's coming from. He's been trolling DNA forums since they opened. We get it he loves his maxx, goto their forums and enjoy =p. You don't have to troll every new phone that comes out to validate your purchase.

kedesa

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, as hobbies go, mobile devices are rather cheap. As compared to something like Home Theater where a nice projector can set you back $30,000-$50,000.....and that's just the beginning....then you have carpet, seating, components like amplifiers, processors....and on and on...or what about cars as a hobby........talk about MONEY.

Awesome breakdown. Photography hobbyist here. $$$$$$ Well as much as I can be with kids getting ready to go to college.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
you have to figure that the s3 was a great phone and moving from dual to quad core wont notice that much of a difference in everyday activities. Pretty soon once they all have quad core and 1080p screens it will be choosing which manufacturer you like the most because they all are going to be about the same in terms on fluidity and smoothness

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
It was rude as hell, but I can see where he's coming from. He's been trolling DNA forums since they opened. We get it he loves his maxx, goto their forums and enjoy =p. You don't have to troll every new phone that comes out to validate your purchase.

How is expressing my complete and utter disbelief that HTC would creat the most powerful phone available and eff up the battery and storage, trolling? It is a public forum, is a public forum only for supporters of said product? Get over it! I want to claw my eyes out over some of the ish I read on here but you know what???? It is a public forum, they have a right to post stupid ish as well.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Could you please explain how this could not be rude?

- Mark

I know it wad rude when I said it. But still needed to be said.. this kid must be 15 to continously bash a product that he isn't going to buy. You don't see anyone on Motorola forums who don't actually own the phone complaining about its short comings.. just obnoxious to have someone in a forum that's meant for people who own the phone to help and assist others that other own it or are getting feedback from people who own it to determine if it's a right fit for them. No need for someone who has neither intention to be on here.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer