Trouble with Email

Lynnette Cruz

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
New to this forum and not sure if anyone has addressed this issue, forgive me if you have, and please direct me where to find solutions.
Just purchased the DNA yesterday and I cannot get my email. I use AOL. This is not my first droid never had a problem getting my email on my previous droid, in the incredible. I love droid and would like to stay with it. Went to Verizon and was told that AOL was having an issue with ALL droids as well as Google was having trouble with iPhones. Their solution was to download K-9 Mail app, which works, however, I didn't buy this phone to download an app to get my email. I was also told that the glitch was being addressed but no response when I asked when it would be fixed. Really wish the salesperson had been up front with me to begin with.
However, I have 14 days to return the phone. I love the phone and want to keep it, but I'm really turned off by this.:(
Anyone else having this problem? If so, any solutions??

Last edited:

jreed2560

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
When you go thru the setup are you selecting aol from the accounts screen?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

jreed2560

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If so, don't. Try setting it up under other and let it auto detect the settings

jreed2560

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Lol there is your problem. Delete the account and set it up yourself under the Mail app. Don't forget not to pre select aol. Just usr other.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87