S-off and rooted now what.

johnowoss

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I finally achieved s-off and rooted, what does one recommend now? What are some good sense 5 rooms? App? Things to do?

Posted via Android Central App

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Xda is an awesome place to find ROMs. Just go to the droid DNA forum and android development sub forum. Original android development will be things that are original works. Android development will be works that are based off of others, ie themed, or reworked.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

johnowoss

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Xda is an awesome place to find ROMs. Just go to the droid DNA forum and android development sub forum. Original android development will be things that are original works. Android development will be works that are based off of others, ie themed, or reworked.

Cool thanks will check them out soon, can u download directly from phone or should I transfer from computer to a specified folder? I could see it being less messy the computer way but easier if downloaded to phone direct.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I would check out the download requirements first. I have downloaded directly to phone and it worked, but you will have to maneuver to the downloads folder when you go to flash it through recovery.

johnowoss

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I would check out the download requirements first. I have downloaded directly to phone and it worked, but you will have to maneuver to the downloads folder when you go to flash it through recovery.

Ok thanks maybe I will just use computer so my downloads don't fill up.

johnowoss

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Do u recommend doing a factory wipe or just cash wipe when u flash? Seems like a pain to do factory.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Do u recommend doing a factory wipe or just cash wipe when u flash? Seems like a pain to do factory.

I ALWAYS do a clean flash. This means clear data/factory reset, clear cache, and then advanced> clear dalvik cache. It really doesn't take much longer and makes sure everything flashes clean. It won't mess with your SD.

johnowoss

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I ALWAYS do a clean flash. This means clear data/factory reset, clear cache, and then advanced> clear dalvik cache. It really doesn't take much longer and makes sure everything flashes clean. It won't mess with your SD.

U haven't happen to have tried the google edition htc one rom have u.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
No, sorry. Didnt know they ported it. May have to take a look. Right now I'm running illusion CM10.1

johnowoss

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had to download and flash gapps separately.

We're do u typically fund the right gapps at? And how long should it take to download a rom zip? Trying to download a sense 5 rom from xda and it is estimate to take 1hr. Seems kinda long, or am I just being impatient.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It depends on your internet speed/connection and how large the file is. You can Google gapps zip, and find one. Just make sure it is the same android version as what you will be running.

johnowoss

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It depends on your internet speed/connection and how large the file is. You can Google gapps zip, and find one. Just make sure it is the same android version as what you will be running.

Yeah I tested that when it was going so slow 14mb down, thanks for all your help.