Firmware Update htc adr6350 4.08.605.3- now app issues - pls help

run2bfit

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been out of the country and returned last night. My DInc2 just updated itself (htc adr6350 4.08.605.3) and now my facebook, gmail app, talk (force close), contacts and market are not loading or syncing. I've uninstalled/reinstalled with no luck

I am a total newbie/tard when it comes to my phone and its full potential. Do I need to do a complete re-install of my google related apps or/and hard reset?

help...

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you need to factory reset. This kind of thing happens sometimes after ota updates. Its in settings under sdcard and storage. Make sure your numbers are backed up in your gmail acct, and don't erase sdcard.

Sent from my Incredible 2

Reactions: run2bfit

run2bfit

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Firmware Update htc adr6350 4.08.605.3- now app issues - pls

Dang really? that blows!!! Do you know anyone who has done the reset and the apps/widgets worked afterwards?

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Dang really? that blows!!! Do you know anyone who has done the reset and the apps/widgets worked afterwards?

Yea I had to factory reset when I was on stock after the first Gingerbread ota update. Your contacts should be backed up through gmail, and your sdcard will not be erased. Your phone will be reset and you will have to redownload your apps and resetup your desktop. Paid apps will be stored in the market. Alot of us have had to factory reset after the update. This is somewhat common with Android Ota OS updates.

run2bfit

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

That link wouldn't apply to me because the update downloaded fine. I'm going to call VZW and HTC support tomorrow before going through with a reset...I will follow up with I find out...stay tuned.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
If Verizon offers to send you a replacement device tell them you want to try a factory reset first. The phone they send you will be a refurbished "like new" one. I am fairly certain factory reset will fix your problems. I had similar issues even though my ota update downloaded fine. Factory reset fixed them. You often needed to do this with Android phones after a major update.

run2bfit

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

Ok so I spent 1 hour on the phone with Verizon. Known issue with this update - they are blaming Google for the issues. All issues seem to be related to 'google' apps such as talk, gmail, contacts, market and even facebook. All which were not working.

The Verizon tech had me clear cache, data, and do a soft reset (take battery out) and wanted to do a factory reset but I wasn't totally happy with her knowledge base - although she said she had same issue two week ago and it worked for her. I hung up.

I called HTC - they are awesome on tech support (it didn't feel like they are reading from a script) - anyways long story short, we went through all the same processes as above, even re-programming with a *#*# number sequence #*#*; nothing happened. Finally I agreed to a factory reset - she walked me through backing everything up and then we removed facebook, gmail acct and the market (just to be sure) and then reset. whew...

All is working so far. The only things I need to download are a handful of apps. No big deal to me.

HTC said that this is a known issues, they haven't gotten many calls about it; but they are working WITH Google to fix it. Verizon claims to have been swamped with calls.

For those wondering - the update will always be on the phone - it will no be reset to the previous updated version. so once you update the phone with a firmware - OTA its in there no matter what. My concern via my husband was if I factory reset my phone, would I loop this whole scenario again with having to be prompted to update... nothing so far..

Its all working fine now...

RainMan_JH

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

For what it's worth I just had to do a factory reset again this morning. It is extremely frustrating but it does seem to fix weird issues. Has anyone had the issue where all of your apps no longer automatically download with the new market? When I had the old market after a factory reset everything would restore automatically, but it did not do it this time.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

For what it's worth I just had to do a factory reset again this morning. It is extremely frustrating but it does seem to fix weird issues. Has anyone had the issue where all of your apps no longer automatically download with the new market? When I had the old market after a factory reset everything would restore automatically, but it did not do it this time.

Check in Settings-----> Privacy----> and be sure both the automatic backup and the automatic restore options are checked. If they aren't that is your problem, if they are then that is extremely curious. Remember when you are setting up the phone after a factory re-set you have to select both options during the setup process.

RainMan_JH

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Check in Settings-----> Privacy----> and be sure both the automatic backup and the automatic restore options are checked. If they aren't that is your problem, if they are then that is extremely curious. Remember when you are setting up the phone after a factory re-set you have to select both options during the setup process.

You are right I am sure I forgot to do that this time. Thanks for the info.

jlindseyjr

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

I just did the factor reset, and now it says I have to activate my phone. Activation has never worked on whatever site I'm connected to at home. Now I have to drive 12 miles to re-activate the darn thing.

RainMan_JH

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

You are right I am sure I forgot to do that this time. Thanks for the info.

Well I had to do another factory reset and I made sure that I had the settings checked to auto restore and my apps did not download. Only my paid apps were showing in the catalog. I had to go to the android market online and manually tell it to send each app to my phone.

Not sure what is going on, but this is the second time I have had this happen.

Keysopen

May 14, 2010
Visit site

I back up my apps in Astro file manager (free) so I can easily restore them after a reset or phone replacement.

sachin palyekar

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

sir,
i am having htc verizon adr6350 handset, i did factory reset but now it hang on htc display screen not comeing on
pls help me out to make it on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress