Multiple problems - Notifications delayed, Play Store downloads stuck, Some apps broken

chuck95

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a Galaxy S10+ on Verizon in the USA.

Having a few major problems that I just can't figure out:

1. When I try to download apps from the Play store, the download gets to 99 or 100% but never completes the installation. The fix is to go into settings/apps/show system apps/download manager and "force stop." Then the installation will complete.

2. Some apps don't work correctly. For example the CBS Radio News app starts streaming audio, then stops a few seconds later. And the ParKing app sometimes records my location upon disconnection from my car's bluetooth, and sometimes it doesn't.

3. Notifications from all apps are totally unreliable. Sometimes they'll come right away. Sometimes not for hours, and sometimes all at once. And sometimes when tapping on a notification it will bring you into the app. while sometimes it will do nothing.

WHAT I TRIED:
Tried rebooting, clearing data and cache on problem apps.
Cleared data and cache on "Google", Google Play Store and google play services.
Cleared phone's cache partition.
Uninstalled and reinstalled broken apps.

I THOUGHT I FOUND THE SOLUTION:
All these problems went away a month or so ago when I logged out of my google account on the phone. Iogged back in and it all worked great! I thought the problem was solved, but now it's all happening again. Logged of the the google account and back in, but it's still broken this time.
AND:
I had similar problems with my Galaxy S7, and thought the new phone would fix these problems! Is it possible there's something wrong with my google account? How could I have the same problems on both phones?
I haven't yet tried a factory reboot on the S10+, but I did do it on the S7, and after working for a while, the problems came back.

Additional info:
Mobile data and wifi have strong signals.
No custom ROMs, not rooted or anything, just stock the way it came. Only downloaded apps from Play Store. Nothing sideloaded.
All battery optimization is turned off. Power mode set to "high performance."

I've looked everywhere for a solution but haven't come across anything that works. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,when you went from the s7 to the S10 did you restore back up everything from s7 onto the S10 or did you start fresh on S10?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Not everything on Google Play is without issues. Apps can change during an update. Apps that rely on ads are susceptible to being compromised through no fault of the developer.

I'd try a minimalist install after factory reset just to be sure, only gradually add apps one by one, not all and not all at once.

The router is often ignored but they can have firmware issues and need to check if it is supported and current or not.
I rarely go two years without replacing, and I rarely now need to reboot modem and router - use to be a regular thing even though it has a strong signal.
We had an intense lightning storms and even on UPS and the coax is filtered I worry they are still vulnerable. So I keep a spare now.

chuck95

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Yeah, I did add apps gradually, thinking the same thing. When it started going haywire, I hadn't added any apps recently. Interesting thought about the router. The problems do happen on mobile data as well though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Have you tried reset settings , go into phone settings type in search bar reset and choose reset settings.

jr154

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
Similar issues here, also on Verizon in USA - notifications are sometimes (often) delayed, play store apps get stuck at 100% installing, etc. I just factory reset the phone, but the issues persist. I'm pulling my hair out over this, as email notifications are really important as part of my job.

I was going to get it replaced under warranty, but I really doubt this is a hardware problem as this issue just started a few weeks ago, but I'm running out of options.

Krestel Robert

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with a galaxy S9+ Telekom Germany. I created a new google account,i did factory reset(3 times), but without result. What is wrong with play store? :-\

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Similar issues here, also on Verizon in USA - notifications are sometimes (often) delayed, play store apps get stuck at 100% installing, etc. I just factory reset the phone, but the issues persist. I'm pulling my hair out over this, as email notifications are really important as part of my job.

I was going to get it replaced under warranty, but I really doubt this is a hardware problem as this issue just started a few weeks ago, but I'm running out of options.
Have you tried taking the email app out of battery optimization?

jr154

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
Chuck,

I may have found a temporary workaround - can you go to Apps > Google Play Services > Clear Cache, then on the same screen click Manage Storage, and click Clear all Data.

If sounds like you already did that, but it fixed my notification and app install issues for now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know what you're saying, and we've tried it all. that's not the problem, nor would it explain the issues with the play store.
I was trying to at least get the email app going for you , you said your missing important emails..

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
If it was a desktop, I'd suspect the disk drive. A factory erase and safe boot (tried that?) should map out any bad NAND page cells (bad sectors). Storage memory.

Don't restore. Only download minimum to test an app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174