duplicates not in people, but in messages/calling

rayzup478

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, first time android user here. Been on a blackberry for 6 years before this. Although I'm a newbie, I've been on this website for a good year now doing all my research. Although its been a little bit of a learning curve, I LOVE my Dinc2. I've been searching high and low for a resolution to this problem but cant find an answer. I cant seem to think that there's gotta be something. Duplicate names when I try to search contacts to text or call. Its not on my PEOPLE app and yes I've done all the removing of sync's with Facebook etc. I've seen many people have the same problem but in searching all the web, all posts about this issue seem to end in 2010. Does anyone have a fix for this or is this just something I'll have to live with? This phone can do so much, can't explain why there would be no fix. Please help, many thanks in advance.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi.. welcome to the forum.

I've had a duplicate issue before, but mine was with my contacts. This is what I did to fixed the problem. From my contacts I manually delete all the duplicates, and then export all remaining contacts to my Google account via SD card... I then deleted all my contacts - and import my contacts back to my phone.

This can be done by tapping on •> people - menu - import/export.

I hope this help
Good luck.

rayzup478

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the response, but the duplicates are not in my contacts or people list. Only if I go to call somebody or types someones name in the dialpad to text.

Last edited:

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I had duplicates as well. I finally figured out that it was not properly turning off the Facebook contacts sync. I had to remove my FB account to solve it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty