Annual Upgraders - Phone Order Wait Thread

nosey313

Dec 23, 2009
www.remotelygood.com
I called up VZW CS the day pre-orders started. Since I was looking for an annual upgrade, I could not order on the website. The nice lady on the phone (no, really, she was) told me that the only way I could "pre-order" the DI was having her manually put the order into the system on launch day.

I hadn't received a confirmation email by Noon today, so I called and spoke to another CS. They said that my order was placed about two hours ago but they couldn't see any details until the warehouse had packaged everything up for shipment. At that point I will be getting an email. I asked if I was getting it overnight, like I asked when first placed the order. Again, she said it wasn't something viewable until the order was processed for shipping. But if I asked for overnight, it should come overnight.

So has anyone else experienced this? Have you gotten an email yet? I've been reading of some people ordering overnight yet it shipped standard. Just wondering what the various comments would be. Also, let me know when it finally arrives!

mistyinca

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
OMG, my story is pure insanity what I've been going through trying to get this order. Finally, I have an overnight shipping confirmation that just came through in the past hour, but here's what I've been through.

I pre-ordered on the 19th. The girl I placed the order with (over the phone, business sales) said it would ship 4/29 on 2 day delivery, so I wouldn't get it until Monday. No problem.

However, I got a shipping notification that night saying it would be delivered on 4/21. So all day on 4/20, tracking said "not due for delivery" and at the top it said expected delivery 4/21. Ok fine. On 4/21 all of a sudden there was a new scan at the fedex page that said "incorrect address". WTF?! I call fedex to tell them my address is in fact good. Rep says she doesn't know why it says that because it hadn't even gone on the truck for delivery. She said she'd notate the system that my address is good, and it WOULD in fact be delivered that day. Also it needs a signature so someone needs to be there. Fine. I cancel my appts. for the day and wait.

Several hours later, tracking still hasn't updated the information; still says incorrect address. So I call fedex to find out what's going on. New agent; new story. Now the story is that Verizon wireless RECALLED my shipment. WTF?!! So I call 611 on my cell while I'm on hold on my landline with fedex. I ask VZW CS for business sales (company discount). A guy comes on the line, and I explain the situation. He says indeed VZW recalled the shipment. Meanwhile fedex comes back on the other line. I let the rep know vzw confirmed they recalled the shipment and I hang up with fedex.

Anyway, turns out the guy I'm speaking to on 611 is not business sales, and I sit on the line on hold thinking he's looking up info on my order while the whole time he's so dumb he can't find the number to business sales. I tell him I can't sit for this. I can find the number myself in a few seconds. I disconnect him and call the 800 # from my landline. I leave a msg for the rep who took my original order, then I get Rex in Business Sales. He claims there was no package but meanwhile, fedex tracking shows the package being returned to TEXAS!!! But he assures me my order will ship out on time for the original planned delivery.

So I leave to finish up appointments that I canceled for the day to sign for a delivery that never came. While I'm unable to take any calls, the original sales rep calls and leaves a msg to the effect of " remember we discussed this and you weren't supposed to get your order until 5/3" completely ignoring the fact that your shipping notification AND fedex confirmed I was receiving a package that day. So I call her and leave another message.

Meanwhile over the next couple of days, tracking shows my package returned to VZW in Texas and delivered there. So I start thinking: the system thinks it has sent out a package, and it is not going to generate a new shipment. But I haven't gotten a return call from the original rep.

So I call Rex again. He apologizes, says he'll find out what happened to my package and make sure it is shipped out ASAP, and he'll call me back to let me know....

(are you bored yet?)... [continued]

mistyinca

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
So, I wait all day. I never hear back from Rex. The next day, I call him. He says he checked with Melissa (the original rep who took my order) and she said she called me back. She never called back after I left the second message with the new information.

So I ask for a supervisor. I get one named Ryan. He apologizes for everything, says he's going to take care of it all. He'll give me free overnight delivery. I mention that the website says all orders placed prior to 4/28 will be delivered by 4/29. He can't do that, he says, but he'll make sure it is sent out overnight First thing Thursday morning (today).

So today, what happens first thing? Did I get a shipping notification? Nope...

[continued]...

mistyinca

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I GOT BILLED AGAIN!!! So now I have 2 charges for $392 (the orders are for 2 phones each) and no shipping notification!!!

I call him up this morning and A. ask that I be credited for one of the charges and B. Can I have a tracking number. He doesn't have a tracking number, and he says when Texas processes the return of the first order, they'll credit me. Meanwhile, my billing cycle closed on the 20th or something, so the current bill has the first $392 due and payable now. They can't credit it now. And I can't get a tracking number. But he gives me a number to billing so they can handle the credit.

I call billing. They say they can't give me a credit. (Funny, they can charge me for two shipments that haven't shipped, but they can't credit one that is confirmed received in Texas.) So I ask for a supvisor who says the same thing, but she says she'll submit a request that it get taken care of sooner. OK.

While I'm on the phone with her, I bring up the price match for the "smart30" $30 discount everyone else is getting on their Incredibles. Even though I walk her through creating a "dummy" order on the website and she can see that the credit applies, she won't price match on that (so I'm going to have to report this to the BBB.org). I hang up with her.

Anyway, hours go by, and I still have no shipping confirmation for the second order. I call Ryan. He says they're still waiting, but it shipped early this morning. I wait a few more hours. I call Business sales and ask for a supv. The rep (Echo) is kind of snotty and really does not want to transfer me. But she asks the new rep who processed the new charges if he has a tracking number. The new rep (Mike Alston) says no because THE PACKAGE HASN'T GONE OUT YET! So Ryan LIED.

Finally, while I'm on the line with Echo, an order confirmation comes through. And just this past hour a shipping confirmation.

Finally.

I've about pulled out every hair on my head. The sad thing is these companies really just don't care.

Let's see if this package actually gets here tomorrow.

nosey313

Dec 23, 2009
www.remotelygood.com
Let's see if this package actually gets here tomorrow.

Ugh, that sounds horrible.

I ended up getting a tracking # over the phone last night (never did get that confimation email). Phone came to me by 9AM EST. Activated and enjoying it now. BTW, VZW took the $100 off the price of the phone. No need for rebate!

Let me know how your situation turns out.

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I ordered yesterday from VZW.com and paid the 1 year contract price (I'm a corporate customer) $229. It was shipped yesterday and I'm supposed to get it in the next couple of hours, don't know why they gave you the run around.

mistyinca

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It is now on the truck for delivery. :)

Also, I've received credit for only ONE of the original ordered phones (that were returned to Texas.) They still owe me another $196+ Looks like the calls to Verizon will never get to end.