HTC Sync installation process problems...

mgeoffriau

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Don't normally have this much trouble with device installation, but I can't seem to get a successful installation of the HTC Sync.

I have plugged in the phone via USB, selected to use phone as drive, transferred the HTC Sync .exe file over to my laptop, and ran the installation. It appears to complete the installation succesfully.

Then, when I unplug and replug in the phone and select "sync", Windows again starts prompting me to install the device. It goes through several device installations, then finally says, "Errors have occurred, installation may not have completed successfully."

And, the phone won't sync with the HTC Sync program on the laptop. Any tips?

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been able to install HTC sync successfully, but have not been able to use it. I'm running on WIndows 7 64 bit. The problem I'm having is when I connect the phone it attempts to install the driver for the phone and fails. I'm assuming that a 64 bit driver suitable for the type of device the Incredible is identifying itself as was not installed with the sync software. I've tried the software on the device, and directly from HTC's web site with the same result.

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I found htc sync and installed on Win 7. It finds my outlook file and shows it syncing. 1st time added a contact named "Null Null" and nothing else.

iamjo

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Htc sync

Has anyone had any issues with installing HTC sync on their coomputers? I am running Vista and I continue to get a partial install...................I even tried loading the program from the phone, accessing it as though it were a disk drive - it said that the verion on my phone what newer - and the version on my PC will not even work!

Thanks!~

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
All I did was follow the install directions and it works fine. Installed on my Windows 7 64 bit desktop. Plugged in the Incredible and away we went. Synched Outlook Contacts and Calendar and got the same type of detail you get in DM for BB, so I could decide how to handle duplications. Was also able to drag and drop my MP3 ringtones onto the device card as well as some contacts pictures I wanted to use on my Favorites screen. Have synced twice since with no problem. Of course I never had any of the reported problems with my Storm 1 other then the horrible browser and slow keyboard.

I would suggest trying it again and pay careful attention to the prompts. I usually get myself in trouble when I start hitting okay without reading closely.

Last edited:

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I only used it to get the Driver for the USB device. I wanted to setup the Android SDK and I could not get the phone to connect without it.

I only use Outlook at work and I sync there via OWA only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez