Maps/GPS Random Reboots?

Mosdefin

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello folks! Long time lurker, first time poster... I've done some Google searches, but have yet to find anything similar to what I'm experiencing. I've had this happen to me whether I've been on stock ROMs or CM7, but whenever I'm using Maps along with GPS the phone has a tendency to reboot randomly during my trips. Anyone know why this is happening or if there's a remedy to this?

CGWaters

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The same thing started happening with my device nearly every time I loaded Google Maps. I had VZW replace the device...and that helped...but the problem happens even with the replacement time to time. I've never been able to determine what the underlying problem is but I suspect heat. Very frustrating. (Editorial: I'm sad to say it but random reboots, along with the chronic low memory errors, are making me seriously consider moving to iOS. I'll trade power and the ability to customize for stability and reliability.)

Grettski

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello folks! Long time lurker, first time poster... I've done some Google searches, but have yet to find anything similar to what I'm experiencing. I've had this happen to me whether I've been on stock ROMs or CM7, but whenever I'm using Maps along with GPS the phone has a tendency to reboot randomly during my trips. Anyone know why this is happening or if there's a remedy to this?

I had that problem for a while as well. In my case the issue was heat. I just got done with a 600 mile trip and it didn't reboot at all. The only thing I did different was keep the screen asleep as much as possible. I would only wake it up when it said a turn was coming up, and as soon as I could I put it right back to sleep. Hope it helps!

amadib

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Mines been doing the same thing - it's been driving me crazy (literarily), I'm not sure what the culprit is - it has also rebooted a few times when Maps and the GPS are not running. I'm running the same configuration of CM7.