Anyway to disable sense ui?

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Inc. and I know on the eris you can disable Sense UI and just use regular android launcher. Is there anyway to do this on the Inc? I tried to clear defaults on Sense UI in application manager and that did not work. Any input on this would be highly appreciated

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
No there is not. HTC removed some key components of the android OS and replaced them with Sense. So Sense is no longer just an overlay, it is actually integrated now.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
No there is not. HTC removed some key components of the android OS and replaced them with Sense. So Sense is no longer just an overlay, it is actually integrated now.

pretty much everything ive read says that's not accurate. sense ui IS supposed to be an overlay over the android os. also, im pretty sure there are a couple of apps running around that will disable sense ui if you wanted to.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I tried the Nexus launcher over the top of it, but it's more problems than it's worth and seemed to run to the effect you could tell it was running on top of something else. The something else being Sense.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
pretty much everything ive read says that's not accurate. sense ui IS supposed to be an overlay over the android os. also, im pretty sure there are a couple of apps running around that will disable sense ui if you wanted to.

sense used be more of a skin on top, but as htc goes further and further, they seem to be going deeper into android.

i've never heard of an app that can disable sense unless you're talking about a launcher app, but like i stated earlier, they will not completely disable sense, but rather replace sense's launcher.

the only way to totally disable it is with root and a custom rom that has it ripped out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38