Storm2 to HTC Incredible
08-08-2010 02:58 PM
- Hi. Just purchased a Droid Incredible this morning in the crackberry forums, going to abandon my Storm 2 and give Android a shot. I will give it a month to see how I like it before I sell the Storm 2. I know this phone may be the best 3g Android phone out there, so I am excited.
I do know how to search forums, but if anyone wants to share must have apps or has "must do" tips, please feel free. Also, hoping there will be an easy way to get my contacts over, if not, that will suck.
Thanks - Phil08-07-2010 04:09 PM
- As a Storm 1 transplant myself, I gotta tell you- you made a good call ordering the Incredible. Every issue (or even non-issue) with that phone is improved with the DInc. Every day I find new uses and new things about it that I love.
As for some good free apps to start off with, the ones I use the most are:
-Aldiko (book reader)
-FxCamera (a fun app of camera filters...makes the 8MP camera that much more enjoyable)
-Yelp (finds nearby restaurants, gas stations, etc.)
-Gameboid Lite/Full (a full Game Boy Advance emulator for your Android device)
As for contacts transfer, I think the easiest way would be to sync your Blackberry contacts with a Google account, and then as soon as you sign into your Google account on your new DInc, your contacts should simply sync up.
Enjoy!08-07-2010 06:36 PM
- Once you get your settings tweaked the battery life isnt so bad with moderate to light use . I am not on it constanly browsing the internet though , but even with using GPS and maps some ,web browsing some , emails , text messages, I can easy get though a day,and a little more. I don't use a task killer either, and with stock battery.08-08-2010 01:43 PM
- Plan on getting rid of the storm..Mines on ebay as we speak. As far as battery life, I will tell you download a task manager program, and set up what you want auto killed/when you want it done. I really was fed up with my Incredibles not so incredible battery life, but with the auto kill and stuff, my battery is comparable to my storm2 was. And much more reliable when listening to music.
I wonder how many users blackberry (specifically storm and storm 2 users) were lost with the launch of the incredible, and droid X...the crackberry storm 2 forums sure seem quiet and seems like most of you are over here now.08-08-2010 02:02 PM
- negatory on the auto task killer...its not needed. the phone manages app better than any task killer can on 2.1+ get System Panel and manage your tasks on your own. It will tell you apps actually running and what is inactive (cached) and are not doing anything to the battery life or CPU cycles.08-08-2010 02:35 PM
- negatory on the auto task killer...its not needed. the phone manages app better than any task killer can on 2.1+ get System Panel and manage your tasks on your own. It will tell you apps actually running and what is inactive (cached) and are not doing anything to the battery life or CPU cycles.08-08-2010 02:58 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- Droid Incredible Series
- Verizon Droid Incredible
Storm2 to HTC Incredible
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD