Storm2 to HTC Incredible

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi. Just purchased a Droid Incredible this morning in the crackberry forums, going to abandon my Storm 2 and give Android a shot. I will give it a month to see how I like it before I sell the Storm 2. I know this phone may be the best 3g Android phone out there, so I am excited.

I do know how to search forums, but if anyone wants to share must have apps or has "must do" tips, please feel free. Also, hoping there will be an easy way to get my contacts over, if not, that will suck.

Thanks - Phil

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
As a Storm 1 transplant myself, I gotta tell you- you made a good call ordering the Incredible. Every issue (or even non-issue) with that phone is improved with the DInc. Every day I find new uses and new things about it that I love.

As for some good free apps to start off with, the ones I use the most are:
-Pandora Radio
-Aldiko (book reader)
-FxCamera (a fun app of camera filters...makes the 8MP camera that much more enjoyable)
-Yelp (finds nearby restaurants, gas stations, etc.)
-Gameboid Lite/Full (a full Game Boy Advance emulator for your Android device)

As for contacts transfer, I think the easiest way would be to sync your Blackberry contacts with a Google account, and then as soon as you sign into your Google account on your new DInc, your contacts should simply sync up.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

the1sen

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I blended my Storm2 after about an hour with my new Incredible.

Screw BB, especially after what they did with the sh?t-Storm.

Last edited:

CMRobinson

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I will be the bearer of the bad news: battery life sucks. Buy an extra or buy an external portable charger or something. Even after all that this phone is without a doubt the best phone you can buy.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Once you get your settings tweaked the battery life isnt so bad with moderate to light use . I am not on it constanly browsing the internet though , but even with using GPS and maps some ,web browsing some , emails , text messages, I can easy get though a day,and a little more. I don't use a task killer either, and with stock battery.

jimracing657

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Plan on getting rid of the storm..Mines on ebay as we speak. As far as battery life, I will tell you download a task manager program, and set up what you want auto killed/when you want it done. I really was fed up with my Incredibles not so incredible battery life, but with the auto kill and stuff, my battery is comparable to my storm2 was. And much more reliable when listening to music.

I wonder how many users blackberry (specifically storm and storm 2 users) were lost with the launch of the incredible, and droid X...the crackberry storm 2 forums sure seem quiet and seems like most of you are over here now.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
negatory on the auto task killer...its not needed. the phone manages app better than any task killer can on 2.1+ get System Panel and manage your tasks on your own. It will tell you apps actually running and what is inactive (cached) and are not doing anything to the battery life or CPU cycles.

jimracing657

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
negatory on the auto task killer...its not needed. the phone manages app better than any task killer can on 2.1+ get System Panel and manage your tasks on your own. It will tell you apps actually running and what is inactive (cached) and are not doing anything to the battery life or CPU cycles.

Maybe im missing something?? All i know is with the task killer I get an easy 10-12 hours on a charge and proir i was getting like 6. Are you talking about setting -> applications -> running services?