Can't wait for #5 to arrive...check out this small clip

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Verizon doesn't do the multi-fru exchange anymore, so a different model is out of the question until I speak to a tier 2 rep.
However, I love the size and form factor and yes, Sense UI so I don't want the X.

I suggested to them it was the battery and they said that it covered under a different warranty.

Original phone......
After a few weeks power button would reboot the phone and not turn it off unless plugged into a wall

#1 replacement
freezing and occasional reboot
#2 replacement
rebooting and bad speaker as well as it saying HTC charger is not a correct charger LOL
#3 replacement
rebooting.

#4 sitting here waiting for the battery to arrive.

I am not a power/ voltage expert by any means, but I have had zero battery drain issues about it not lasting, etc. so maybe my standard battery that I get 11 hrs on sometimes more is bad and causing these issues?

I want to use the new battery in my current device without setting up the new phone, but am concerned that the old battery could have damaged my current device.

I hope I am making sense.

BTW I reported the CS rep who said I am not doing anything to your account unless you have a store look at it first and also the person who refused to connect me to tech support.

Added:

I know the phone will get hot, but with the cover off the back my wife and I could smell hot plastic when we held the phone up to talk. Anybody else have this?

That isn't true. I never went above a level 1 tech about a month ago and got my wife Eris replaced with a Moto Droid after 3 replacements. The issue caused was the 2.1 update on it caused a lot of silent call issues, random phone resets, and the #3 replacement had the 2.1 leak already installed on it instead of the official update. Needless to say if you are firm on your demands and don't get stupid with it Verizon will do just about anything to keep you happy.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
They do make exceptions, but it isn't the rule anymore, like after 5 devices you get your pick of the litter so to speak.
I never get nasty with them. I just always ask what are my options because it gets to be troubling...That being said I always give them a chuckle and say at least I don't have to register a new BB PIN everytime!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think they sent me a NEW device.....
It didn't come in a new box.

However, there are no blue stickers over the lens etc like other replacements.
I also received a new battery door on the device and also it has the Remove before use screen cover in lieu of the factory reconditioned cover.

Maybe it's wishful thinking LOL

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I think they sent me a NEW device.....
It didn't come in a new box.

However, there are no blue stickers over the lens etc like other replacements.
I also received a new battery door on the device and also it has the Remove before use screen cover in lieu of the factory reconditioned cover.

Maybe it's wishful thinking LOL

I know when I had my Storm I broke it and sent off for a replacement. The first 3 devices were refurbs, I told them I wasn't happy and was firm about it and #4 was a new device and worked perfectly!

Of course this was about the same time the Storm2 came out and the women on #3 replacement said, sir not sure what you are trying to do, but we have had a lot of people breaking their phones to get Storm2's and it's not going to happen. I blew up through the roof and told her I just wanted a working phone! Then I got a new one ;)

As far as pick of the litter that's kind of right. They will trade you around within the same pricing bracket or cheaper. They won't be to easy to talk into up trading you without exchanging some money.

With that being said, there isn't another device on Verizon I would rather have right now besides the Incredible!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree....Verizon marketing IMHO messed up with marketing..
This device is the perfect size, etc. for me.
If it came out after the X I would still get it.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey Tony... Your troubles and tribulations made the Front Page!

Finally A little Respect! ;)

rodney_dangerfield.jpg

You must be in the Front Row!

And the next post is...

LOL....

have the replacement phone here, but want to try the new battery in the old one, or just start new again LOL

OK Tony, time to take your Ritalin! ;)

And don't forget to tell me where and when the tee time is... I get a free bowl of soup with my hat! ;)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
YEP!!!!!!!
#5 has been active for 48 hrs...
Battery life slightly less but not running hot.....

It makes sense because I never had the bad battery life other's complained about, etc.

Good to hear friend. Hopefully all your problems are solved and gone. But man what are you going to post about now! j/k lol.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Haha. Yes, good to hear. I'd like to think Verizon learned something here (like after 2-3 devices in a row think "battery"), but I doubt they learned anything...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Haha. Yes, good to hear. I'd like to think Verizon learned something here (like after 2-3 devices in a row think "battery"), but I doubt they learned anything...

Probably not. Only 2 out of the handful of people I talked to said it has to be the battery.....
I mean *228 send really should cause reboots LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty