Froyo OTA: First Impressions

sethtex

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
What about the battery? I am waiting on a bigger battery until after the ota. Please let us know. It was a bullet item on VZW marketing slick. So it better improve!
This is actually what I wanted to tell you all about. I usually charge my phone overnight and then charge it at work in the afternoon and hope to make it through the evening. After the Froyo update I took my phone off the charger this morning about 7:30AM, used it all day, and plugged it in at 11PM with it still showing 41% battery remaining.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
This is actually what I wanted to tell you all about. I usually charge my phone overnight and then charge it at work in the afternoon and hope to make it through the evening. After the Froyo update I took my phone off the charger this morning about 7:30AM, used it all day, and plugged it in at 11PM with it still showing 41% battery remaining.

This makes me smile. I have the 3500 and on a normal day I use about 50% or a little more. A real heavy day and I'm in the 20% range by 11:00 or so. 41% on the stock battery after 15+ hrs... Muhaaaaaa :cool:

Last edited:

sethtex

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Does it still save out as 3gp or did we get lucky with an mp4 h264 compression on the 720p?

Also, is the audio at 720p crisp or is it muddled & chunky like the EVO?

Finally, does the music player have a horizontal view?

Thanks!

cheers.
t.
It now shows the format options as H.263, H.264, and MPEG4.

Stevez48

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Here's a question for you all... I did the manual update to Froyo, and everything looks great! 2 questions: 1)How can I verify I have full Adobe Flash? (Under Apps I have Flash Player 1o.1 p Thats it right?) 2)How do I move an app or game to the SD card?

The reason I ask number 2 is because when I go to manage apps, and select the app I want to move, the "Move to SD Card" option is grayed out and I am unable to select it. Any Ideas?
Thanks to everyone here!! This is a super informative site.

unccmyway

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Here's a question for you all... I did the manual update to Froyo, and everything looks great! 2 questions: 1)How can I verify I have full Adobe Flash? (Under Apps I have Flash Player 1o.1 p Thats it right?) 2)How do I move an app or game to the SD card?

The reason I ask number 2 is because when I go to manage apps, and select the app I want to move, the "Move to SD Card" option is grayed out and I am unable to select it. Any Ideas?
Thanks to everyone here!! This is a super informative site.

An app has to be written to take advantage of the "move to SD card" function. There are only a few out there right now that do.

Psychward MD

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Here we go first the update wipes all my contacts, then it deletes some of my apps, and last but not least I CANNOT USE ANY OF THE APPS THAT I PAYED FOR OR DOWNLOADED. FML.

azari

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Been running on Froyo for the last 2h or so now. No issues and the new features are sweet. Voice command rocks, and handsfree dialing is nice to have back.

Thanks for posting the update file! Do upgrade, it is easy and so worth it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Chase S

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is poor... I went all day with heavy usage yesterday and unplugged last night (2.1) and was at 56%. In the past ten minutes with Froyo, I have lost 4%.

ghutch0309

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I updated this morning and so far everything seems to be going great, all apps contacts etc remained on my phone and all my settings and such. Great thing I noticed is you can go into the settings of the stock messaging app and set it to keep only so many per conversation, been wanting this since I got the phone

Copacetic

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
The update was waiting for me this morning when I woke up.. Everything seems to be running smooth so far.

Played around with the new widgets. The news and weather seems pretty generic. The flashlight app is useful, and probably a cool way to show off the phone. Flash 10.1 seems to run great in the browser. Was hoping for Hulu to work finally, but got disappointed.

Little changes I've noticed include blue coloring for the Widget buttons for Wifi bluetooth GPS and the mobile ON and OFF buttons.

Thus far Froyo has fixed some of the problems I've been having.

Call quality hasn't changed, but maybe a little bit. Earpiece seems to be a little clearer to hear, but maybe that's me. I can't comment on the battery life so far, need to keep testing it for a few days to figure out if its changed or not.

The only problem I have run into is HancentSMS seems to be a little laggy.

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Froyo is good. Performance is as good as always. All of my apps work. Battery life is slightly improved. New minor tweaks to calendar and contacts are very useful. The Dinc was already fast so its hard to notice a real speed improvement but Linpack shows average mflp of 29 (up from an average of 6.5).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38