Can't connect to a secured network after update?

HeathWala

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I did a quick search on this but couldn't seem to find anyone with a similar issue. My apologies if it's been discussed before.

Anyway, I updated to FroYo yesterday using the update.zip, and everything worked flawlessly, but for some reason, I cannot connect to my secure home network over Wi-Fi anymore. I can connect to any open, unsecured networks just fine, but my home network just constantly loops from connecting to obtaining IP address to disconnecting and then trying again. I reset the router and the password is correct.

Is anyone else having an issue with their Wi-Fi? Any suggestions?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Nope - mine connects ok to my secured home network.

Try "Forgetting" the network and then re-connecting and re-entering the password. The passwaor hash mar have gone wonky during the update.

Hope this helps.

HeathWala

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
After doing some research, it appears that FroYo is having difficulty connecting to WEP-encrypted networks on more than just the Incredible, so maybe that's the issue. I can change my security settings to troubleshoot after I get home tonight, but can anyone currently using WEP confirm that their Incredible is able to connect to their home network?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
After doing some research, it appears that FroYo is having difficulty connecting to WEP-encrypted networks on more than just the Incredible, so maybe that's the issue. I can change my security settings to troubleshoot after I get home tonight, but can anyone currently using WEP confirm that their Incredible is able to connect to their home network?

I haven't WEP't since Junior High... And I'm telling you that guy is still wrong for her! ;)

Mine's WPA, Sorry. In 2.1 I noticed similar issues with WPA2 AES, But I havent had the oppertunity to test that either yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38