Interesting battery happening, anyone else?

joeynigro

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
3500mah Seidio Battery is what I have. If I charge i while my phone is on, the battery drops like 6% when I unplug it. if I charge it turned off, it won't drop 1% for hours, and will last a day and a half or more depending on use. Anyone else experiencing this?

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yep. There are a lot of threads about it. For a rooted phone check the following 2:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...s/20259-calibrating-your-battery-android.html
http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/32513-battery-life-fixed-try-these-steps.html

For a stock phone:
1) Step1: Charge the phone while on until green light. Step 2: Turn off and let it charge until light becomes green again. After this you should not experience that quick percentage drop.

2) Some people use an external charger. Take the batter off the phone and charge it through the chargers.

I preferred option 1 because I have the stock battery and taking the case plus the back case all the time was going to be a PITA. My phone is now rooted so I went with the "battery stat file mod".

ChevyStorm88

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Crazy Battery Life

I am not sure if I inadvertently did something like this or what, but I am on my 30th hour of moderate use and I still have 50% battery life left!!! I have been happy with a steady 13ish hours of use and this is blowing my mind!

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I am doing the bump charging as well. I also reset my battery stats in clockwork. Galactor, what battery hack did you do when rooted?
It's pretty much the same thing, but I did it by following the instructions from the links I posted above. ;)

BTW, if you already did the battery stat reset, you don't have to do the bump charging anymore. At least with the method I did from the links I don't have to do that anymore :)

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Cool beans. Yeah, why I missed your links up there... I have no idea. Haha. I did the reset last night so hopefully it will be all golden!
If it doesn't work by like you did you might have to calibrate the battery. By this I mean: 1) reset the stats after you do the charge bump (full charge to green light while phone is on, following by turning phone off and letting the light turn green again) 2) Use the phone normally, but dont' plug it in until the battery dies and the phone turns off.