Problems with 2.2 - USB/reboot

Noven

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My phone seems to randomly reboot once a day, usually after unplugging it from the usb in my car in the afternoon.

The second bigger problem is that there is a USB port in a BMW I drive and when I plugged it in when it was on 2.1, the SD card would mount and I could play through there. However, immediately after I switched to 2.2 the onboard memory is the only one that mounts and I cannot even see the SD card on my car's screen. Now, both internal and external (SD) cards mount when I plug it into my home PC and I can move files to either one. But, it's when I plug it into my car that only the on-board memory shows up. I have tried mounting and unmounting the card while it's plugged into the car and turning on and off the USB debugging. Nothing lets me see the SD card. And again, this only happened once I updated to Froyo. Is their a different setting now that I missed?

It's been super frustrating.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Mm have you turned off the CD rom drive so that your care isn't trying to mount the Verizon disk drive that was added when the 2.2 update was released? Perhaps if you haven't done that then that drive could be what is screwing with your car being able to find the SD card. If you search for removing Verizon bloatware in the forum it will give you the instructions how to do that. Might be causing the reboots too because the computer in the car isn't set up to have a CD rom drive mounted to it.

Reactions: Noven

Noven

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Mm have you turned off the CD rom drive so that your care isn't trying to mount the Verizon disk drive that was added when the 2.2 update was released? Perhaps if you haven't done that then that drive could be what is screwing with your car being able to find the SD card. If you search for removing Verizon bloatware in the forum it will give you the instructions how to do that. Might be causing the reboots too because the computer in the car isn't set up to have a CD rom drive mounted to it.

Thanks. I noticed the cd rom bit when I hooked it up to the cpu, not sure whats that for.

So you can disable the cd rom mount bit?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch