Factory Reset

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
OK, I did a factory reset on my DINC. It is rooted. The phone is now stuck in the bootup screen. It is the white screen that flashes HTC quietly Brilliant. Did I just brick my phone. :(

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
OK I was able to figure out how to recover the phone. Now, how do I do a factory reset. I am selling the phone and want to keep it rooted for the new owner, but want to erase my account information off the phone. Help me please.

At this point I need to just remove the gmail account but to do that it says I need to factory reset.

Last edited:

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Why not share how you do it. I would be interested in knowing in case I want to sell my rooted without all my info on it.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset before and it kept my data intact, which was not what I wanted. I'm curious if you can do the reset and retain root.

If I were you, I would download the 2.2 OTA and install it. That is what I did to get a real fresh install.

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-manually-update-your-incredible-froyo

That will give you a fresh, unrooted, 2.2 install with nothing on it. You can skip the google account setup and just start the phone with nothing setup. Then root it again using unrevoked. That should allow you to root it without any important data being on the device.

Take out your SDCard or copy everything off and format it before turning over the phone.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you just reboot in to recovery and choose to wipe data and wipe cache you will erase all user data while keeping root on the phone.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Wiping Phone Info

If you just reboot in to recovery and choose to wipe data and wipe cache you will erase all user data while keeping root on the phone.

This is the exact way you do this procedure so good advice here and acurate. Thanks for passing this on for everyone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa