new verizon incredible

ahussa20

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
hey guys, just bought 2 new droid incredibles for me and mom. i used original moto droid so im familiar with apps and whatnot. i used my google account to sign into the android market on my moms phone but now my damn email is synced and pretty much hardwired into her new phone and i cant get rid of it without a factory reset which I don't mind doing but really dont want to waste the time backing up and reloading contacts and such for it. is there another way?

also i have a blackberry storm2 and the proprietary way to update/sync apps and contacts would be through desktop software called blackberry desktop manager. is there something similar for android phones? much appreciate the help. thanks guys!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
hey guys, just bought 2 new droid incredibles for me and mom. i used original moto droid so im familiar with apps and whatnot. i used my google account to sign into the android market on my moms phone but now my damn email is synced and pretty much hardwired into her new phone and i cant get rid of it without a factory reset which I don't mind doing but really dont want to waste the time backing up and reloading contacts and such for it. is there another way?

.... so have you .. Menu Button>settings>accounts and sync> touch google(gmail) > window opens showing your sync contacts,sync gmail,sync calender, down at bottom "remove account" . Then click remove it. Also sign out of android market from her phone as well

then create a google account for your mom off computer and sync with her gmail account ;)

If you want the same contacts tho you can just choose what you want to sync and leave off what you dont want to sync. For example I dont sync with gmail or calender at all.I just sync with my contact list .

Last edited:

ahussa20

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ive tried to remove the google account even after deselecting "sync all" option but it gives me the message that applications (android market) still requires my google account to operate and cannot do so unless i perform a factory reset. I created a google account for my mom ON the phone so hers and mine are on but i need her phone to get off of mine and link to hers so she cant hit some buttons and see my emails let alone if she loses it and someone goes through it.

but you mentioned signing out of the android market. how would I do that in its menu?>

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I made a mistake was thinking of signing out of appbrain , which you can from , Menu >preferences, not sure about the market after all but I think it is linked though your gmail account.

I see where you see the "sync all" option look higher up on that same page right under where it shows Auto-sync then under manage accounts , after that touch the "google with yourname@gmail.com"
its the second in that list, it should then show

Data and synchronization

sync contacts
( Tues.Nov. 16,2010,10:00am)<---- i synced today
sync gmail
( Fri.Oct 29,2010 8:05am) <----- last time I synced gmail
sync calendar
( Sat Oct 9,2010 7:55am)

sync now ........................... remove account

the page I am refering to is laid out as I made above,, clicking on remove account should remove the gmail account that is on her phone

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress