Updated Gmail to 2.3.2 - Not seeing new changes

sivartk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I updated my Gmail app via the market to 2.3.2, but I'm not seeing the new changes as seen in the video from the blog post. Does the Sense UI limit the buttons / options for the app?

I'm also not seeing the same "more" menu as shown on the video.

For example, I don't see the "Priority Inbox" icon. Is there maybe something I need to "turn on" via the Gmail computer interface?

Last edited:

keebz

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure this update was official or something? Shouldn't we get notifications for official app updates (like I already got two, one for Youtube App, and one for another stock app I can't remember)?

sivartk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
When I went into the market, clicked on Downloads, it showed "Update" on the Gmail app. Clicked to update...verified version 2.3.2.

So, yeah, I'm pretty sure it was the official one.

I did check and have "priority inbox" turned off. I am seeing some of the new features (i.e. inline reply, change account during reply, etc.) Mainly a menu difference I'm seeing (I.e. Ignore button)

Hurricane

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
The update was official. You do need to enable Priority Inbox from the web interface to turn on the feature. If you've done that you may want to check that you actually did get the update.

keebz

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Usually when updates are available, I get the status bar notification which I drag down. Then from there, if I want to update it, I hit it and then it updates manually (sort of like opening a downloaded file from the internet). To the best of my knowledge, it doesn't update automatically on its own and then give me a status bar notification.

sivartk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The update was official. You do need to enable Priority Inbox from the web interface to turn on the feature. If you've done that you may want to check that you actually did get the update.

So, the "Not Important" feature is part of the priority inbox? I only get 5-10 emails a day in my main account, so the priority part wouldn't really help that much.

keebz, if you go directly to the market and check for updates, that is manually updating. The updates are pushed out in phases if you have "automatically check for updates" checked. So, it may not have been pushed out to you yet and the reason you haven't seen the notification yet.

Last edited:

keebz

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Ah I see. Thanks for the heads up. I checked it just now and apparently for me, Gmail doesn't show up under Downloads because well, I didn't download it (it was a stock app). Maybe it'll be pushed out sooner or later, but these changes are most welcome!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95