flashing orange light when trying to charge?

hurricanes15

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
so i just got my replacement dinc today, put in my old battery from my broken dinc.. now it wont turn on and the notification light blinks orange. im hoping this means the battery is dead and it needs a little bit to charge before it turns on..anybody know what this means?

edit: it just need to charge for a little bit. sorry for freaking out guys :p

Last edited:

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Wait, why is it flashing though?

Mines usually a solid orange and stays that way until it's charged up then it turns green.

I'm sure your phone is perfectly fine, I'm just curious why it was flashing.

Nephilim_80

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I love that you get to keep your battery when getting a replacement. When I got my replacement, due to the inner screen cracking, I just put my old battery in and bumped charged it like 6 times, I love it because it increased my battery time by almost 40%. I know it lessens the life of the battery but who cares? I have an unused brand new one if that happens :)

**I also got another 2gb microSD, Assurion is much better than when I got replacements for my old BB. This phone was brand new in the box still sealed.

hurricanes15

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Wait, why is it flashing though?

Mines usually a solid orange and stays that way until it's charged up then it turns green.

I'm sure your phone is perfectly fine, I'm just curious why it was flashing.

i think it was flashing because the battery was completely dead

Doragg

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine has done it too. Its only when booting up while charging a pretty low battery.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

oletheos

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
on my power cord at work, i will charge it til it turns green and when i turn off the phoneto fully charge, it flashes orange at me and wont go to green while the phone is off. at home this never happens with a different charger. it charges to full green like it should. no idea why it does that but i no longer turn my phone off to charge at work.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
this only happens when your battery is super dead. sometimes it wont even turn on, you need to let it charge then turn it back on when it stops flashing

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's because I plugged it in while shutting down or some other reason. The other day I had a similar problem of a flashing orange and green light. The orange would flash and the green and back to orange then going dark for a moment. The battery was not completely dead, but it was in the red. The orange light went back to solid after I unplugged it for a bit.

teebunny

May 4, 2012
Visit site
my incredible 2 is now doing the same blinking when trying to turn it on! Now it wont charge past 4%......anybody have any insight? its charging painfully slow!!!:'(

ashleymarissa20

May 12, 2012
Visit site

im having the same problem with my htc g2. i bought a brand knew battery, brand knew charger. i was still having problems with my phone with the chargin.. it would go in and out. only charge for a bit. and when it would die it wouldnt charge at all. so i took it somewhere to get it fixed.. to come to find out it was my charger port. so i got it fixed for fifty bucks...

Harribo

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
ashleymarissa20: where did you take your phone to get it fixed?
I bought a new charger and battery because i thought my charger and battery were faulty but it seems my phones charging port is broken, guys if you have any suggestions to where i can get it fixed please by my guest and help this brother out. Looking forward to your reply's

Rwager

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Go to amazon.com and find an external battery charger for your phone. You cant have your phone on during charging but it is a 17 dollar quick fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699