random reboot

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
yep...A LOT in the past. If its new it's because of the battery.
If you have the phone for a while, it's probably an unstable app.

Mine has been doing it more the past two weeks.

esper.knight

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
was having it for a while myself. I have the seido extended battery so i rolled up a small piece of paper and wedged it between the case and battery and it hasnt done it since. Also charges and operates cooler ever since. Even if its not the battery it could be some kind of heat issue.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I used to get random reboots on the stock ROM. It didn't happen often, maybe three to four times a week, but it did happen. Since switching to CM7 I haven't had a single random reboot.

Reactions: marcw

Bobby J

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am having random reboots and boot looping will rooting and putting a custom rom on stop this i need dependability as it will be used for K-9 search and rescue. thanks

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am having random reboots and boot looping will rooting and putting a custom rom on stop this i need dependability as it will be used for K-9 search and rescue. thanks

It might. If you are having this issue on an unrooted stock device you nedd to be sure you don't have an app that is causing issues. What, if you can remember, were the last three apps you loaded before the random reboots and looping started? Take them off one by one and see if that fixes it. If you can't remember it may be time for a factory reset and then add apps one by one with some time in between to see if there is an issue. Rooting and a custom Rom can give more stability but it can also make the phone more unstable. If you decide to do it read up on the different ROMs and ask questions here beforehand be sure you have a stable rom that you choose.

Bobby J

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks i deleted all three of the apps i downloaded it rebooted to the home lock screen then went into boot loop. it has been on all day, asleep, i just did ten min use and reboot.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you need to do a hard reset.

Back up you contacts if you are not using Gmail for contacts. Copy your Pics and vids off internal storage to SD card using a file manager from the market.

Make a note of what your screens look like so they will be easier to rebuild.

Find all your passwords got Gmail, and any other services you use.

Should take about an hour or so to re-download and reset you phone back to the way it was.

You will likely lose SMS messages.

Sorry man - but it's good practice - you'll most likely have to do it again after Gingerbread rolls out.

Bobby J

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I have about decided to go back to the old windows 6.5 mobile, it was stable dependable, just way slower, I have to have a good phone and i have been reading a lot on here and i don't think this phone will work for me. love the speed, and some other things.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I use mine in he feild every day as a primary way of comunicating with the hospitals without a problem. Not to mentioned that navigation is more reliable then the avl in the unit to find a route.

Bobby J

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am in a fringe area with lots of hills and mountains, it drops calls more than my old windows phone also an Htc, being a K-9 search and rescue Captain and on call i need better dependability, unless i am doing something wrong, i love the phone when it works.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am in a fringe area with lots of hills and mountains, it drops calls more than my old windows phone also an Htc, being a K-9 search and rescue Captain and on call i need better dependability, unless i am doing something wrong, i love the phone when it works.

Just wanted to let you know that Verizon does offer a "Network extender". Which is basically a little mini tower in your home.

It wont help for when your on the road but it should help if your at least having trouble with placing calls in side your home.

Set Your Location

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
My DINC used to do this once or twice a week. It would be quiet at work and then all of a sudden .."DROIDDDD!!!" It used to scare the living daylights out of me. It hasn't done it since I left the stock rom. The Thunderbolt has this issue on a larger scale.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty