Is Sense Going to Stay Current

apcman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am really torn between the Nexus One and the Incredible. I like sense but I don't want HTC to say no more updates. Is HTC so dedicated to Sense that it will keep it current or will it stop getting updates. I understand that it will be always a little late getting out but what happens if HTC does not upgrade sense to Froyo or Gingerbread and just leaves it at 2.1.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
more likely than not, HTC will support the phone through at least one major update, most likely more since there have been hints at google changing the way updates are made to the OS.

worst case senario, htc won't update anymore, but the phone will have been rooted by the time of the next major upgrade and a custom rom can be installed on it with the newest version of android. (ie, the droid had 2.1 roms WAY before the official one finally dropped)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've been with HTC for years and one of my major complaints is that the minute they release the latest and greatest phone, they pull all their resources on to the next big thing. I can understand the business logic behind that, but it can be frustrating when you spend so much on something and you're lucky to get 1 or more updates from them.

Last edited: