Removing Bloatware - speed up the phone?

M1AHD

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Question guys...

I just installed LauncherPro and think it is really neat. Love the customization features. With LauncherPro I am able to hide all of the bloatware that Verizon loaded this phone up with.

This makes me happy as I don't need to look at it anymore. However, I have noticed that the phone is noticeably slower running LauncherPro.

That said, would "rooting" and removing the bloatware actually speed up the system? Or does it just free up the storage space that it was occupying?

Theoretically, you would think by not having the bloatware installed to be able to run if would free up system resources, but have you guys that have done so actually noticed any notable improvement?

I'm just not sure I want to Root and void the warranty. Thanks..

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Question guys...

I just installed LauncherPro and think it is really neat. Love the customization features. With LauncherPro I am able to hide all of the bloatware that Verizon loaded this phone up with.

This makes me happy as I don't need to look at it anymore. However, I have noticed that the phone is noticeably slower running LauncherPro.

That said, would "rooting" and removing the bloatware actually speed up the system? Or does it just free up the storage space that it was occupying?

Theoretically, you would think by not having the bloatware installed to be able to run if would free up system resources, but have you guys that have done so actually noticed any notable improvement?

I'm just not sure I want to Root and void the warranty. Thanks..

Yes it makes it go faster, simply because they are not installed they don't get to run on start up and waste any system resources like your are saying.

To fix your LP problem, go back to TouchWiz and delete all the widgets / shortcuts / screens. Basically leaving you with a 1 empty screen as your home screen. Then remove the Livewallpaper. Then go back to LP and disable wallpaper scrolling.

With all of that being said, I work at vzw, 20 out of 22 of my fellow employees wouldn't recognize a rooted phone if you told them it was rooted. The two that do know do not care. Removing root is very simple and even if you were to just remove the Superuser app you would be able to pass it by 99.999999% of people including me, because no one checks any further then that.

M1AHD

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes it makes it go faster, simply because they are not installed they don't get to run on start up and waste any system resources like your are saying.

To fix your LP problem, go back to TouchWiz and delete all the widgets / shortcuts / screens. Basically leaving you with a 1 empty screen as your home screen. Then remove the Livewallpaper. Then go back to LP and disable wallpaper scrolling.

With all of that being said, I work at vzw, 20 out of 22 of my fellow employees wouldn't recognize a rooted phone if you told them it was rooted. The two that do know do not care. Removing root is very simple and even if you were to just remove the Superuser app you would be able to pass it by 99.999999% of people including me, because no one checks any further then that.

I've already removed everything from TouchWiz.... Just one blank screen with static wallpaper.

Disable wallpaper scrolling in LP huh? Man, I like that feature :(

I'm going to see how it runs for the rest of the evening... Then decide if i should root & remove bloatware or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa