Cannot Delete Apps after Rooting

mandable

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Just rooted my Galaxy S (Fascinate) phone, said sucessfull, it rebooted. I go into setttings>applications>managed applications and cannot uninstall any of the BS software preloaded on my phone. Any ideas?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You will not be able to delete from there you will need to use root explorer or another application that allows you to remove stock apps.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You have to manually move or rename the corresponding .apk files in the phones system/app folder with a file explorer made for rooted phones. Try Root Explorer and follow the list from the "apps that are safe to remove once rooted" sticky here.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ok i downloaded root explorer and from there how do i remove some of the stock app. Thanks

Open root explorer, scroll to the system folder, tap it, then tap the app folder. Look at the top of the screen. If the gray box at the top says Mount R/O, you're fine. If it says Mount R/W, tap it so it says Mount R/O. Scroll to the stock apps you want to get rid of, long press on the app, a menu will pop up and you can do one of two things: 1) choose to delete the app entirely; or 2) choose to rename the app by putting .bak after the .apk file extension. With option 1, you will have to flash a stock build in order to receive the Gingerbread update if/when it comes. With option 2 you will have to go back into root explorer and remove the .bak extension from the apps you renamed in order to receive the Gingerbread update.

gshak05

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
You would be better off using titanium pro or rom tool box pro, there's a list on the Internet some guy created for his sprint phone I used on my Verizon phone and I deleted over 25 apps and it didn't hurt anything, just do a search for apps safe to remove after root and you should find it, if your not streaky deleting them then just freeze them, and I can say from those 25 apps I removed didn't really make any difference in storage space,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk