[Q] Two problems after DL09 Super Clean 0.4 and Adrynalyn's 1ghz 12/30

Mrjayjubear

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi first post and kind of a new b here.

I haven't messed with my fascinate since i got it in September, so it was rooted on Dl01 i think.
I first flashed DL09 Super Clean 0.4 and it was awsome but i lost haptic feedback. I read somewhere i needed the Dl09 modem, i pushed that through odin, this didn't brink it back. I then updated the kernal to Adrynalyn's 1ghz 12/30 through clockwork. This fixed haptic but brought 2 problems with it:(.

The first issue is whenever it try to install any new apps it tells me there is not enough room. This happened with the new kernel.

The second issue is when i reboot my devise it doesn't remember anything and i have to go through the whole setup again of logging into my g mail....so on and so forth.

Now i would just try a new kernel but rom-manager is no longer on my devise and i have no way of restoring it since i cant install titanium backup.

Sorry for the long read, but i'm at a loss for what to do.

Thanks

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like the telltale signs of a messed up Voodoo lag fix - no room for apps and settings not stored.

Which of Anrynalyn's 12/30 kernels did you install? Voodoo or nonVoodoo? And had you installed a kernel before this, and if so, which one?

If you think this is what you did (installed a nonVoodoo kernel over a Voodoo kernel), search for a thread on how to completely remove Voodoo and step through the instructions. Alternately, there's a DI01 update package that should restore everything in one shot, but some have experienced issues using this.

Let us know about what kernels you've installed and we can make sure this is your problem or not.

Reactions: Mrjayjubear

Mrjayjubear

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok wow fast responses.

I think I installed a nonVoodoo kernel over a Voodoo kernel.

I'm pretty sure it was a voodoo kernel i had on it before. I was following a thread i saw on xda, again this was back in September, so i don't remember the exact kernel.

Should i just try to go back to stock and start over?

Thanks for the responses

Last edited:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: Mrjayjubear

Mrjayjubear

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
After reading that i don;t want to f*ck with voodoo.

I found the original kernal-->http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11900082/voodoo_kernel_0.2.zip

Could i do what Selem says in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=810691

"Sounds to me like you had a voodoo kernel installed and then installed a stock kernel, without the voodoo properly uninstalling. If this is the case, I would try the following:
Get the CWM update.zip and put on your sd card.
Put the old voodoo kernel that you had on your sd card.
Boot into recovery and run the update.zip, putting you into CWM recovery.
Reinstall the old voodoo kernel.
Reboot, if everything works and you can download apps again you will need to completely uninstall the voodoo kernel. Follow the instructions posted in this forum to completely uninstall the voodoo kernel. You can find these instructions in this thread.
Make sure you use the manual install, I did not have any luck with the zip file uninstall. Also make sure you do the final step and wipe the data.
Once these steps are completed, you should have your original kernel installed with voodoo gone completely, and you should have your disk space back.

If this is not what happened, then I am sorry I am not sure what to try. I know that these are the same symptoms that I had and this is what fixed mine.

Good luck. "

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch