Boot Animations Lists and Links with Instructions - Updated 02/16/11**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socratic

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Shutdown Animation Questions

Quick Question for someone.

Through the great help and advice on these forums as a relative Newbie I have been able to Flash EB01 in this version via Odin:

Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod
(Thanks both to DroidXcon, and Adrynalyne)

I have been trying out a few of the additional addons such as Removing the clock, and Power button mod for the camera, also with great success. I was looking at this thread about boot animations and Shutdown animations, and I understand that apparently the version I loaded via odin does not support boot animations, but it appears to me that I ought to be able to change the shutdown animation. I downloaded one of the files and saved the old animations (aka .png files) on my sdcard and put the new files into the
/system/media/video/shutdown folder as instructed on this thread, but no luck. The old shutdown is indeed removed, aka the samsung/verizon version. I just get the standard generic droid shutting down message.

Any ideas on what I missed? or is there soemthing else that allows these files to be swapped in say the superclean version.

Thanks in advance guys!

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Quick Question for someone.

Through the great help and advice on these forums as a relative Newbie I have been able to Flash EB01 in this version via Odin:

Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod
(Thanks both to DroidXcon, and Adrynalyne)

I have been trying out a few of the additional addons such as Removing the clock, and Power button mod for the camera, also with great success. I was looking at this thread about boot animations and Shutdown animations, and I understand that apparently the version I loaded via odin does not support boot animations, but it appears to me that I ought to be able to change the shutdown animation. I downloaded one of the files and saved the old animations (aka .png files) on my sdcard and put the new files into the
/system/media/video/shutdown folder as instructed on this thread, but no luck. The old shutdown is indeed removed, aka the samsung/verizon version. I just get the standard generic droid shutting down message.

Any ideas on what I missed? or is there soemthing else that allows these files to be swapped in say the superclean version.

Thanks in advance guys!

Unfortunately the kernel is responsible for the boot and shutdown animations. The version you have flashed does not support boot or shutdown animations. They can be loaded (and are present) just do not function without the correct kernel.

Currently the only EB01 ROM/Kernel that will employ bootanimations, is Adrynalyne's Superclean 2.4. I am not aware that it will provide for shutdown animations. I will have opted not to use either because I do not shut my phone down.

Given the release of the source code for the kernels the developers will start to produce kernels with these options. Until then we wait.

Hope this answers your questions.

Reactions: Socratic

Socratic

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks JaeKar99,

Yes that does indeed answer my question. I figured it must be something like that. No biggie, just having fun with it at this point.
Thanks again.

zombie1991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
2.4 DOES indeed allow for shutdown animations with sound. I flashed the Aperature Science boot and shutdown from the first link from this post. I flashed it with CWM Red. I use the android robot peeing on the apple for my boot animation which I just renamed and stuck in /system/media.

I save a few boot/shutdowns on my sd card and I rename them with something like (flash_it) or (copy_rename_it) before the name of the actual animation. Hope this helps some.

HuskerDad3

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I successfully replaced both my boot and shutdown animations and have been trying to get sound working for both. Got the shutdown sound working with instructions in OP, but can't get boot sound to work. Tried several different wave files. :'( I changed the permissions of the file and made sure the capitalization was as specified.

Any suggestions?

HuskerDad3

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
2.4 DOES indeed allow for shutdown animations with sound. I flashed the Aperature Science boot and shutdown from the first link from this post. I flashed it with CWM Red. I use the android robot peeing on the apple for my boot animation which I just renamed and stuck in /system/media.

I save a few boot/shutdowns on my sd card and I rename them with something like (flash_it) or (copy_rename_it) before the name of the actual animation. Hope this helps some.

Does the boot sound work too?

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
the kernel posted earlier does not allow for startup sound. I had no problem with shutdown, only startup.

HuskerDad3

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I am using the kernel from Adrynalyne's SC 2.4 and shutdown sound works, but not boot sound. I am going to double check my PowerOn.wav sound delete it and copy it over again.

GalaxyNole

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I've read through this thread twice and I'm still a little confused on how to flash a boot anamation. It seems there are many ways to flash these things depending on what animation you choose. My phone is running SC 2.4 and I want the Cyborg animation, what steps do I need to follow?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I've read through this thread twice and I'm still a little confused on how to flash a boot anamation. It seems there are many ways to flash these things depending on what animation you choose. My phone is running SC 2.4 and I want the Cyborg animation, what steps do I need to follow?

This is an animation that requires it to be downloaded to the sdcard and copied via either Super Manager or Root Explorer to the System/media folder on the root of the phone..

If you already have a 'bootanimation.zip' file it will be over written or; just so you know you have it in place should delete the existing bootanimation.zip file and then either copy or move the new one into that location.

Reactions: GalaxyNole

ajchoi16

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
hello.. just wanted to bring to someone's attention :)

i know that some of these bootanimations are quite old..
i was trying to install decepticon and all i get is a replay of the samsungloop.

is this because the decepticon file is incompatible with 2.2?

i know i am loading these correctly because i have successfully tried some of the other bootanimations. thanks for any replys/explanations!

HuskerDad3

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I installed the aperture animation file that has both boot and shutdown sounds and animations. Still only get shutdown sound. I'm stumped. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
no3rdseat