Two questions about the DL30 Leak - Media Hub and Stay Awake

sahmad88

May 1, 2010
Visit site
First, thanks to everyone out there for all of your help with everything. I have definitely learned a lot on these forums - and had a lot of fun doing it :p

After searching - I still have two questions regarding the leaked DL30.

Question 1 - I didn't set the phone to stay awake when plugged in under Settings>Applications>Development. Now that options is gone under Froyo. Any idea where I can set that option? I can't seem to find it.

Question 2 - Has anyone used Media Hub to make purchases? I would actually like to use it. I have set up an account and added a credit card, but when go to make a purchase, it says "Unable to retrieve data from server".

Thanks in advance and thanks again.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I can only be helpful to half of your questions, so I apologize in advance.

I've never used media hub, so I can't give you much advice on that. But it appears that for whatever reason, the stay awake option in development is completely missing. I scoured the entire settings menu to try and see if they had just moved it somewhere with no luck, I don't see it anywhere either. Really quite annoying actually, because that's a feature I used.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I spent some time looking for it as well. I was listening to the android central podcast the other day and when the screen would time out I could not quickly pause.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
There are lots of widgets to do it, I personally use an app called KeepScreen which lets me pre-select the apps in which I want the screen on (ie Hulu and Maps). Easy workaround either way, no big deal.

sahmad88

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your responses. When I would really like the screen to stay awake is just at the home screen. I don't use a dock when I sleep, but I do use my phone as my clock. I would love the phone to stay awake so I could just glance at it and see the time. I guess I could try using the home dock with KeepScreen and see if that works, but I never really liked the look of the home dock. I know it is silly, but I have my home screen looking like I like it.

Oh well. Not really a big deal. Just annoying, really. I am glad that I didn't miss anything. I scoured the settings as well looking for the stay awake setting.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your responses. When I would really like the screen to stay awake is just at the home screen. I don't use a dock when I sleep, but I do use my phone as my clock. I would love the phone to stay awake so I could just glance at it and see the time. I guess I could try using the home dock with KeepScreen and see if that works, but I never really liked the look of the home dock. I know it is silly, but I have my home screen looking like I like it.

Oh well. Not really a big deal. Just annoying, really. I am glad that I didn't miss anything. I scoured the settings as well looking for the stay awake setting.

If you just use your phone as an alarm clock just use the desk cradle or the clock app. It will stay on all night. It even has a night setting that dims the screen so its not a beacon keeping you awake.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yeah, using the desk cradle app. The lights go off after a little while but then come back on when it goes into screen saver mode.

Last edited:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah, using the desk cradle app. The lights go off after a little while but then come back on when it goes into screen saver mode.

try the google clock app. make sure you delete the desk cradle app. it has a night setting and after a while instead of going blank it dims everything but the time and changes to green.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using StayAwake Widget. Bad thing is that since DJ05, the backlight for the stupid soft touch buttons stays on whenever the screen is on now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! With the astronomical amount of screaming people have done about them shutting off I can't keep from laughing at the first time i've seen someone complain about the fix! Not you personally, just the idea. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch