Question about roms and pre installed apps

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
So I'm fairly nw to rom flashing but my question is when I was on dl09 I had debloated all the crap off and saved it to a folder in my sd. But when I flashed the dl30 leak I noticed there were other bloat apps pre installed. So if I were to delete all this bloatware say on the stock dl09 rom and not just move them, if I re flashed dl09 would all the bloatware be back? Of course not talking about a super clean rom. Just in case I delete all these bloatware apps I need to know if I can ever get them back while flashing instead of having to get apk. Files for all of them. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I'm fairly nw to rom flashing but my question is when I was on dl09 I had debloated all the crap off and saved it to a folder in my sd. But when I flashed the dl30 leak I noticed there were other bloat apps pre installed. So if I were to delete all this bloatware say on the stock dl09 rom and not just move them, if I re flashed dl09 would all the bloatware be back? Of course not talking about a super clean rom. Just in case I delete all these bloatware apps I need to know if I can ever get them back while flashing instead of having to get apk. Files for all of them. Thanks in advance

if you flash DL09 with odin all the apps would be back because you are replacing your whole system, like formatting and reloading windows on your computer

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

there is a dl09 all in one odin package. it makes your phone like out of the box new. forget about saving all that crap on your sd, heck forget about debloating, just flash superclean 1.0. its more stable than the leak and no bloat. if you ever have to return to stock just flash the all in one and yo are good to go.

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys cause I pretty much wasted my time installing the official leak., I'm going to re flash super clean when I get home. Can I just flash it right over the leak? I also have the super dark theme installed. My battery life is sucking so I figure ill restart

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh one more thing. Can some one please post a link to the newest cwm cause mine went to green text in. recovery. Thanks

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
So should I delete the update zip and dl30 zip I already have installed before I flash super clean?

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok will do. Any advice for a better battery life ha ha. Ever since I flashed its been terrible though the phone has been really smooth

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok one last question, thanks for bearing with me. When I first flashed to dl 30 leak there was also the update zip. Now when I added the zip to my sd I had already had one on there (guessing it was the stock one) so I renamed the new one update 1.zip and didn't delete the old one. Is this necessary? Or when I get the new one for super clean should I just delete both of those and then transfer it my sd?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok one last question, thanks for bearing with me. When I first flashed to dl 30 leak there was also the update zip. Now when I added the zip to my sd I had already had one on there (guessing it was the stock one) so I renamed the new one update 1.zip and didn't delete the old one. Is this necessary? Or when I get the new one for super clean should I just delete both of those and then transfer it my sd?

delete any update.zips you have and leave the one i just told you to download,,,,update.zip is what gets you into clockwork if you remove it you will not be able to access it

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

you will drop the update.zip on your sd then flash froyo_cwm with odin. then you should be good to go.

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok cool. Thanks alot guys. Ill just delete the dl30 leak after I flash super clean just incase lol

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok cool. Thanks alot guys. Ill just delete the dl30 leak after I flash super clean just incase lol

having the leak on your sd wont hurt anything, it will just take up space. i have all the dl30 roms on my sd. you want to delete the old update.zip before you drop the new update.zip and flash the new cwm.

on another note my wife and i are watching american idol. does anyone else find steven tyler creepy. i mean i like aerosmith like any other red blooded american, but man he is creepy.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
HA!!! beat you this time dan!! :p :p

wasnt going to answer, i was just going to let him delete it since he wasnt going to use it lol..

and on the steven thing,,,TOTALLY CREEPY :eek: , i saw some clip on youtube of hugging this girl in a wheelchair way to uncomfortably to long

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Lol x making fun of me huh? The dl30 leak was my first time flashing. Rather be safe then sorry. ;)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Lol x making fun of me huh? The dl30 leak was my first time flashing. Rather be safe then sorry. ;)

no man not making fun of you , iwas laughing at mike,,,,,its a good job, i love that people are just flashing away , when i started, i spent hours upon hours reading up. so i get safe than sorry thing... and i was just saying i didnt find it to be a big deal if you were to delete it because if you are not going to use it than its not necessary....if you follow any thread i give advice on i dont tease anyone even for the simplest questions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty