EB01 and USB Tethering

Scottee28

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I attempted to use the EB01 built in USB Tethering today and was greeted with the Verizon sign up agreement page for HotSpot tethering. I currently do not pay the $20 per month for tethering. Any word on EB01 and Verizon possiblely monitoring usage on WiFi Tethering?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I attempted to use the EB01 built in USB Tethering today and was greeted with the Verizon sign up agreement page for HotSpot tethering. I currently do not pay the $20 per month for tethering. Any word on EB01 and Verizon possiblely monitoring usage on WiFi Tethering?

Yes Adrynalyne and Chris Kerrigan put out a warning about possible monitoring software in EB01 that would report wireless tethering to Verizon who would then bill you for the data usage. Adrynalyne advises against using wireless tethering until custom kernels can be built.

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This is the same issue that came up in the DL30 leak. I used Barnacle wifi tethering and didn't get any sign up notice, but I am still waiting for the guys in black suits to knock on my door.

I long for the day when Adrynalyne and Kerrigan make us a "special kernel"

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This is the same issue that came up in the DL30 leak. I used Barnacle wifi tethering and didn't get any sign up notice, but I am still waiting for the guys in black suits to knock on my door.

I long for the day when Adrynalyne and Kerrigan make us a "special kernel"

Adrynalyne has said he just needs the source code. Once he has that he and the other devs will be able to put out custom kernels

champ4221

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes Adrynalyne and Chris Kerrigan put out a warning about possible monitoring software in EB01 that would report wireless tethering to Verizon who would then bill you for the data usage. Adrynalyne advises against using wireless tethering until custom kernels can be built.

Ok I changed to froyo EBO1 debloated version, I was surprize how easy it
was, one of my mornin ritual is read the Android Central forums, I am glad I did.
I can thether wireless, with no sign up notice, since reading this i am now going wait for a fix from the fine people on this site, I can thank them enough!
When a fix comes along I am hoping to use Odin, are my thoughts correct,
I have seen some thing about a Dummy Tether module, whats that?
Anyhoo have a great day evrybody!

Pat

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty