I think I'm in trouble.

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I flashed 2.6 today.. then tried to install a ROM thru CWM, because I was having sleep of death. Now my phone is stuck on honeycomb animation.. and will not boot past that. it vibrates a couple times like it does when there is a FC going on. Help!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a factory reset and a reinstall couldnt hurt.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

this did not work. tried twice. Now reflashing the .tar file from eb01 in Odin.

Yes, sounds like you are getting some type of force close issue. Which 2.6 were you flashing and what build were you coming from? Which ROM were you trying to flash?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
SC 2.6, and I had EB01. Was trying to flash a Theme thru CWM.

There would probably be the source of your problem. Which theme were you trying to flash because some of them may not be compatible with sc 2.5 or 2.6 since they are a blending of EB01 and EB16.

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure, but I just had to reflash the 2.5 package thru odin. Wiped, but up and running again.. times like these I still feel like a nub. :p

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
so, do you know which themes for sure are compatible with 2.5? I'm afraid to do anything at this point.

I do see the Honeycomb Theme is compatible with 2.5.. can I still or should I flash 2.6?

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
so, do you know which themes for sure are compatible with 2.5? I'm afraid to do anything at this point.

I have been flashing themes all night to see. Superdark and the new Honeycomb are definitely compatible, Blackish Storm and Androdena glassia from cfost88 overwrite some of the new features of sc2.5 and 2.6 but they work. I have been flashing all of these with 2.6, haven't even tried 2.5 because by the time I got to my pc to flash 2.5, 2.6 had just been posted. So you shouldn't have any problem with 2.6, and whatever problem you do run into should be an easy fix.

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks :D Much appreciated! I'm just thankful I'm up and running again, because none of my backup files or my nandroid back up were working, and panic had started to set in. I immediately thought of Mike.. and wondered how many times he had encountered that moment. xD

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks :D Much appreciated! I'm just thankful I'm up and running again, because none of my backup files or my nandroid back up were working, and panic had started to set in. I immediately thought of Mike.. and wondered how many times he had encountered that moment. xD

LOL. A lot. A heck of a lot I tell you. I've had a couple myself. Turns out that flashing back to DI01, and rebuilding your rom will generally allow all of your back ups to work again. Even reflashing the rom you were on won't fix all of the little odd files kicking around outside of the rom that can get broken. Flashing DI01 will fix all of the little nooks and crannies.

Reactions: k rock

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

If you did your nandroid backups in green cwm you would not be able to use red cwm to restore them. I've been having some fc issues when trying to restore nandroid backups I did with red cwm & it seemed the problem was the themes. Like I said I've been flashing different themes all night with 2.6 and not one fc issue. So it must have actually been something with EB01, and this blending of EB01 and EB16 has resolved those issues. And Mike has probably had so many of those moments which is why he doesn't panic at all when he bricks his phone because he's done it so many times and in so many different ways he knows how to get out of all of them. We are lucky to have him because when he runs into something that bricks his phone he is able to put a warning out to everyone in terms of DON'T DO THIS :D

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
lmbo. I understand and see why my backup weren't working now. the backups were in green. So, I should always back up in red then? and now I'm flashed 2.6, and with the honeycomb theme. Not my favorite.. but will do until more are compatible.

mcnasty150

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
quick question, have rom manager cwr is blue when i reboot into recover. how do i get the red cwr ? cwr 2.5.0.4 is what shows in rom man. superclean 2.6

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
make sure you have the update.zip from this thread on your sd card. The blue recovery is the stock recovery. Use the volume down button to go down to apply update.zip and hit the home soft key to select it. That should put you in red.

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
so just for some clarification.. is the Honeycomb theme you mentioned.. along with Superdark the only compatible themes at the moment? I'm totally afraid to try others. I'm just not a fan of the honeycomb theme.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
so just for some clarification.. is the Honeycomb theme you mentioned.. along with Superdark the only compatible themes at the moment? I'm totally afraid to try others. I'm just not a fan of the honeycomb theme.

I have also flashed the androdena glassia and blackish storm themes with 2.6 with no real problems, just a few little annoyances like the new feature of having the clock and am/pm either showing or not showing in the notification bar not being available. Other than that those themes work with 2.6 with no fc's or incompatible issues.

Reactions: superstar1213