Taking screen captures when I press power button

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I don't know why it keeps doing this but every time I press the "power" button with EB01 SuperClean 2.6 rom it keeps snapping a screenshot. It's not all the time, but it's a lot and it's the most incredibly annoying thing ever.

Is there a way to remove/disable this? I really don't need to take screenshots of my screen :-\

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Since DL30, pressing back and power together takes a screen shot. It sounds like your back button is sticking. I've had that happen before with my home button which would constantly bring up my recent apps window. A wipe across all of them with a rag cleared it up.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Does that only work in launcher2 or what? I tried this with mine and while both the back and power buttons work fine, if i try hitting them both simultaneously either the screen locks or the "back" action takes place... but never a screenshot. I am using a fresh build of SC2.6 with the NV kernel.

I HAVE ran into the problem where hitting the power button doesnt actually put the screen to sleep, which i concluded was just the phone sitting in some sort of catatonic state refusing to obey me. After tapping the home icon a few times it always seems to work again (to sleep the phone).

Also, somewhere in the full steam titanic that is the "superclean thread" there was a report about someone who had the same issue; Adrynalyne suggested it was a dirty back button or some such related thing.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It should be on all systems unless it was removed in SC (which I think it was originally then added back based on demand). If you hold the back button for a second, then press the power and you should hear the camera shutter and a message stating "Screen captured. Saved as image file." It puts them in a "ScreenCapture" folder on your SD Card.

Reactions: joebob2000

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
It should be on all systems unless it was removed in SC (which I think it was originally then added back based on demand). If you hold the back button for a second, then press the power and you should hear the camera shutter and a message stating "Screen captured. Saved as image file." It puts them in a "ScreenCapture" folder on your SD Card.

It's a cool feature. How do I remove it?? Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays