ETA for Froyo?

tbuck

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you hear specifically about the Fascinate or just the Galaxy S line in general? I remember hearing the latter but seeing how late Fascinate was to the Galaxy S party I wouldn't count on Sept, I would love to be proven wrong though!

josue

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
So, for the newbs who as of now, just use their Fascinate to call, text, and maybe check email and facebook.....what exactly is FROYO and what does OTA mean? I'm trying to learn what all these things are and what/why these fixes/hacks are on here for....but it's pretty overwhelming!!!

kvaughan#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
So, for the newbs who as of now, just use their Fascinate to call, text, and maybe check email and facebook.....what exactly is FROYO and what does OTA mean? I'm trying to learn what all these things are and what/why these fixes/hacks are on here for....but it's pretty overwhelming!!!

Froyo (2.2) is the next update in the Android operating system. The main new features being full Flash support and support for installing apps on the SD card. Here's some more information Android 2.2 Froyo: everything you ever wanted to know -- Engadget

OTA (Over The Air) means you'll be able to install directly from your phone no need to plug in to a PC.

shanky

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Froyo is the newest version of Android SW (2.2 to be exact). The Fascinate runs on 2.1 (Eclair) out of the box, and Froyo brings a lot of improvements.

OTA is Over The Air, how the update gets pushed to your phone.

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Froyo is the newest version of Android SW (2.2 to be exact). The Fascinate runs on 2.1 (Eclair) out of the box, and Froyo brings a lot of improvements.

OTA is Over The Air, how the update gets pushed to your phone.

In addition to a JIT(Just in Time) compiler which should speed up the phone quite a bit as well

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer