Fascinate Update

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
So.. I never got around to doing the OTA update on weds.. now today when I search for new update it says "server unavailble".

was there something wrong with the update?

is there another way to get the update?

any idea why the server would be unavailble?

thanks!

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
i got it to work, have owned the phone for a week and have yet to reboot.. so i rebooted it and then tried the update again.. worked right away

dooby

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as well... My phone's not rooted (though I do hide some apps using the function within Launcherpro - doubt it matters), wifi's off... have been trying (an obsessive number of times :p) since yesterday afternoon to get the update through Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check New, and the only message that comes up is "Server Unavailable. Check for Software Update when server is available".

I've rebooted my phone twice this morning, and still nothing. Reception's pretty good where I am, so I don't think it's an connectivity/reception issue... I was wondering if anyone has any idea how to get around this...

Appreciate the help. :)

hava123

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I also keep getting "Server Unavailable." Other than downloading apps I haven't messed with the phone at all, good reception and it still isn't working. Any idea why?

dooby

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to update anyone who has been following this thread: I still wasn't able to grab the update "manually" this morning, but it got pushed to my phone around 1pm today... it installed, and as far as I can tell, everything works pretty much the same...

Thanks! :cool:

manchesterjm

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
08:37 pm Mountain time. Just got the update to show. Going for the load. I did have to turn off WiFi to get it to work. Only showed "unavailable" with WiFi on.

Update 9 pm... Update loaded with no problem and I really don't notice any difference. I'll post more if I find that something doesn't work in the future.

Last edited:

Socfan12

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi There,

New to Android (from iphone) and the forum.

I just updated the phone per above. After dl'ing the update, the phone will auto shut off and power up again. It hangs for a few minutes on the verizon splash screen, 2-3 minutes (which was getting me worried) but eventually the home screen came up. I have LP and the google search engine installed and verified it still works after the update.

cheers

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So am I the only one still getting "No software update available"? I've been checking a couple of times a day (with wifi off) since the update was announced, but my phone isn't seeing it.