Ok... I still can't seem to find an exact answer. Sync questions...

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
First off, hi guys and gals. Well thanks to Best Buy and their Free Phone Friday, I came over to the Android world from a Storm 1 so I'm no stranger to the smartphone world, but Android is like going to a whole new country. And it's left me scratching my head about some things.

First off... I've been trying to do a simple task for 4 days now. All I want is my contacts linked to their Facebook and to have their pictures beside the names, which I've accomplished.... but I want there to be only ONE number when I view the contact.

I've tried everything I could find that was suggested. I've removed the sync account, I've removed and re-installed the app, I've gone to Contacts>Menu>Get friends... etc.

No matter what I do, they end up with 2 mobile numbers, and when I hit the contact, I have to then choose which number to call/message. I know it's only one extra step, but it's annoying. If there's no fix, I can live with it, but I know someone's had to figured out something by now.

Can anyone help?

And I'm also taking suggestions as far as what else to do/get for this thing. My battery life sucks, and I'm a heavy user (talk/text/web/email ALL day), so I'm thinking a root and de-bloat is going to happen very soon to try to get at least a day out of this thing off the charger. I unplugged this morning at 7:00am and now at 4 pm, I'm at less than 15%.

Thanks to all that can help. :)

GetOnMahLevel

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about the facebook thing.. But my battery life is pretty touch and go.. Some days it's great others not so much.. But today I took my phone off the charger at 0600 and right now I'm still sitting at 77% that's with being in an area where my signal is rather spotty.. Thee longest my battery ever lated was over 24hrs with normal usage..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

coltsbr

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Check out this link,it should help you set up linking your contacts with Facebook.

How to Set Up A Facebook Account on Samsung Fascinate | New SamSung Phones

I forgot to add make sure you do this step before you add it to your Fascinate. Even though you came from a Blackberry. I did also and had to do that step.

Note: You must register your Samsung Fascinate with Facebook before using the phone to access the site. From your Facebook account, go to Account Settings and follow the “Activate a Phone” registration instructions.

Last edited:

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about the facebook thing.. But my battery life is pretty touch and go.. Some days it's great others not so much.. But today I took my phone off the charger at 0600 and right now I'm still sitting at 77% that's with being in an area where my signal is rather spotty.. Thee longest my battery ever lated was over 24hrs with normal usage..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Yeah... Mine's kind of been hit or miss too. One day I got 10 hours out of it, one day I got about 4-5. Yesterday I talked for almost 4 hours and surfed the web and texted all day and made it past 4pm, today I've talked about 2 hours and web and texted less, and barely made it to 4 without it barking at me to plug it in. Doesn't make sense to me.

Check out this link,it should help you set up linking your contacts with Facebook.

How to Set Up A Facebook Account on Samsung Fascinate | New SamSung Phones

I forgot to add make sure you do this step before you add it to your Fascinate. Even though you came from a Blackberry. I did also and had to do that step.

Note: You must register your Samsung Fascinate with Facebook before using the phone to access the site. From your Facebook account, go to Account Settings and follow the ?Activate a Phone? registration instructions.

So I need to go remove my phone number, then submit it again? Because I'm not seeing an "Activate a Phone" link.

coltsbr

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It's on facebook under account settings then go to mobile.

Oh and yes you should do it again. Then link up on your phone and it should go through.

You will get a new confirmation code and then you should be good to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch