1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Liberty GB v.05

Default Fascinate having update all button!

So my girlfriend just told me that she now has an update all button in her market on her Sanding Fascinate on verizon. I didn't think Eclair devices were getting this. This another silent market update roll out?

Sent via my android powered device

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter995 View Post
    So my girlfriend just told me that she now has an update all button in her market on her Sanding Fascinate on verizon. I didn't think Eclair devices were getting this. This another silent market update roll out?

Sent via my android powered device
    yeah just rolled out over the last couple days along with comment and recommendations tab, woo hoo!

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

Some people, like myself, have had this for months.

Quote Originally Posted by killahamsammich View Post
    I didn't have it (and couldnt make market purchases) until I grabbed a new ROM. This is another nice big fail from google, way to not make the market itself an app that can be updated within the market! Keep it silent and broken and grace certain special people with a working version! Yay openness!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by killahamsammich View Post
    Is this your way of saying i should have flashed a new rom lol

Quote Originally Posted by joebob2000 View Post
    I didn't have it (and couldnt make market purchases) until I grabbed a new ROM. This is another nice big fail from google, way to not make the market itself an app that can be updated within the market! Keep it silent and broken and grace certain special people with a working version! Yay openness!
    Actually, all you have to do is go to settings/applications/manage applications/market and clear cache. After clearing cache, my market updated to reflect the new tab.
    Launcher Pro Plus - Beautiful Widgets - on Froyo

Smartphone progression:
    Blackberry 8830 >> Blackberry 9530 >> Blackberry 9550 >> Samsung Fascinate

Quote Originally Posted by ocgreenmachine View Post
    Actually, all you have to do is go to settings/applications/manage applications/market and clear cache. After clearing cache, my market updated to reflect the new tab.
    I have yet to receive the market update that has been out for a month or two now. I have tried clearing market cache and re-opening market, but I still have the old version. My phone is not rooted or anything. I guess the silent update is just random, I'll probably get it at some point.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

That okay...try this for wierd... back when i got my Fascinate, shortly after i got the Market update when a few other people got it. After trying to root and failing and screwing some things up (mainly renamed wrong files) through i was going to have to take it back so i reset to stock...and didn't recieve the market update again till a few days ago.. It was like being the kid who got to play with a toy for a few days and then get the toy taken away. I have quite a few apps that get updated regularly so having that Update all button really is nice.

The clear cache did not work for me despite multiple tried. Woke you yesterday though and had it finally.

Quote Originally Posted by ocgreenmachine View Post
    Actually, I tried that only about 900 times. Also tried factory reset and every other little trick and it would just never work. It wouldnt budge from that old *** version and it wouldnt let me log in with a shopper account. That is, until I took fate into my own hands and installed JTs super clean rom. Smooth sailing ever since.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Clearing the cache never worked for me either. I ended up having to find the FroYo market apk and installing it manually. Works great, though.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

Search for vending.apk on 4shared.com. Download one that's been posted within the past 2 months, put on SD card, navigate to it with any file explorer, click install. You do not need to be rooted or modified in any way.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    yeah just rolled out over the last couple days along with comment and recommendations tab, woo hoo!
    Ah ha! I knew "something" was different about the market!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I just received the silent market update, currently running market version 2002013