A 'Fascinating' Story... At least I think so

TheANARCHY

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok I was gonna put this in the general chat but it is more of... Well it's fascinating.

So my wife was talking to a friend just about an hour ago and she told her the story of us switching from AT&T to Verizon and getting these phones. The Fascinate of course. And I was reminded of what an absolutely amazing story this is. We go in the store with every intention of getting the Incredible (it was sold out :() but this salesman named Chuck says check out this Samsung. The Fascinate he says, and it's buy get one free w/ rebates to boot. OK we say let's have a look. I had read about the Fascinate and was quite familiar with the phone so it was more making sure the wife was willing to part with the iPhone 3G. Deal we decide to take the plunge. What's fascinating about this you ask? Well let me tell you...

As we are signing the contracts and getting 3 slider phones for the kids (yep it was a family deal) we engage in the usual small talk with the sales rep. He is nice and cordial as much as one can expect. We start talking about the holidays that are coming up fast, this is last September a day after the Fascinate launches, he informs us this is the first 2 Fascinates to sold in their store. As a bonus the manager gives us free cases for all the phones. Nice perk. :)
We mention that our 15 yr anniversary is coming up in December, on the 15th. The sales rep stops in his tracks and so does the store manager who comes over and asks us to repeat that. The sales guy, Chuck, asks us to repeat again when we were married. December 15, 1995. He is stunned. Then he says look at this. He pulls off his wedding band and lets us look under it... His anniversary is the same day... !5 years ago!!!! And the store manager was his best man!!!!:D What are the odds? 2 couples married in NC on the same day in different parts of the state and they meet in a Verizon store doing business together?!?!?

We have since become good friends with the sales rep and his wife, Debra. It's an odd and Fascinating story. At least we think so. I just thought I'd share it. Even if it's in the wrong forum. But isn't the title very appropriate? :p

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok I was gonna put this in the general chat but it is more of... Well it's fascinating.

So my wife was talking to a friend just about an hour ago and she told her the story of us switching from AT&T to Verizon and getting these phones. The Fascinate of course. And I was reminded of what an absolutely amazing story this is. We go in the store with every intention of getting the Incredible (it was sold out :() but this salesman named Chuck says check out this Samsung. The Fascinate he says, and it's buy get one free w/ rebates to boot. OK we say let's have a look. I had read about the Fascinate and was quite familiar with the phone so it was more making sure the wife was willing to part with the iPhone 3G. Deal we decide to take the plunge. What's fascinating about this you ask? Well let me tell you...

As we are signing the contracts and getting 3 slider phones for the kids (yep it was a family deal) we engage in the usual small talk with the sales rep. He is nice and cordial as much as one can expect. We start talking about the holidays that are coming up fast, this is last September a day after the Fascinate launches, he informs us this is the first 2 Fascinates to sold in their store. As a bonus the manager gives us free cases for all the phones. Nice perk. :)
We mention that our 15 yr anniversary is coming up in December, on the 15th. The sales rep stops in his tracks and so does the store manager who comes over and asks us to repeat that. The sales guy, Chuck, asks us to repeat again when we were married. December 15, 1995. He is stunned. Then he says look at this. He pulls off his wedding band and lets us look under it... His anniversary is the same day... !5 years ago!!!! And the store manager was his best man!!!!:D What are the odds? 2 couples married in NC on the same day in different parts of the state and they meet in a Verizon store doing business together?!?!?

We have since become good friends with the sales rep and his wife, Debra. It's an odd and Fascinating story. At least we think so. I just thought I'd share it. Even if it's in the wrong forum. But isn't the title very appropriate? :p

wow thats pretty cool, ive heard odd storys like that. always get a kick out of , thanks for sharing. :)

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
It's a wonderful story. Loved it.

The store reps and the manager seem to be wonderful ppl too. My own instore experiences have not been bad either though I don't have any exceptional stories to share. I wish I was in that store that day haha. Here in NH, I was the first in the store to pick up the Fascinate on the morning of september 9, the launch day but didn't get any freebies... But that was probably because I was just getting one phone.

Sent from Verizon Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886