what now??? Help please???

Bfascinated

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
okay, to start with my phone wouldn't recieve the OTA updates from verizon, so I was stuck with the DI01 package, or so I thought, until I noticed the odin thread to flash the DL09 package. In my attempt because the directions seemed straight forward and fairly simple I went ahead and tried it. I followed the directions listed in the post, but when I plugged into the computer mine showed two ID:COM ports as yellow, I probably should have stopped there and asked, but continued on to my peril, did the next steps as directed, but got a fail message in the box above it where its supposed to say pass. I got up out of my desk chair in a hurry and inadvertantly unplugged the dang thing, now I think its a BRICK.......

Any help please???????:confused:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
okay, to start with my phone wouldn't recieve the OTA updates from verizon, so I was stuck with the DI01 package, or so I thought, until I noticed the odin thread to flash the DL09 package. In my attempt because the directions seemed straight forward and fairly simple I went ahead and tried it. I followed the directions listed in the post, but when I plugged into the computer mine showed two ID:COM ports as yellow, I probably should have stopped there and asked, but continued on to my peril, did the next steps as directed, but got a fail message in the box above it where its supposed to say pass. I got up out of my desk chair in a hurry and inadvertantly unplugged the dang thing, now I think its a BRICK.......

Any help please???????:confused:

-change USB port to one in the back of the PC, even if you are already there, change it to another port
-Remove the battery
-close and reopen odin
-with the battery still out press and hold vol down button
-Plug USB cable in
-Keep holding till it goes into download mode
-Try to flash again

please tell me if you are still having problems

Bfascinated

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
its not picking up a ID:COM port, I have drivers installed from samsung's site, and I used one of the back ports like you suggested, not working. the phone does go into its download screen with that triangle and the droin with the shovel though....

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
its not picking up a ID:COM port, I have drivers installed from samsung's site, and I used one of the back ports like you suggested, not working. the phone does go into its download screen with that triangle and the droin with the shovel though....

Ok as long as it goes into download mode your good, try restarting your computer, and keep messing around with ports, and sometimes give it a min to configure

Reactions: Bfascinated

Bfascinated

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I just deleted and reinstalled the drivers, gonna try again after a computer restart, I'll let you know if this works haha

THANKS for helping a newbie, I hope this works!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just deleted and reinstalled the drivers, gonna try again after a computer restart, I'll let you know if this works haha

THANKS for helping a newbie, I hope this works!

No problem, i would suggest trying a different computer its basically just a connection issue at this point

when you put the file in did you make sure to put it in PDA
If you put it in the PHONE area that could be a problem

Bfascinated

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
it was in the pda area yes

I've tried all the ports, none work, the notification area on lower right of my comp screen says USB device not recognized, and nothing is popping up in the ID:COM portion of the odin controls still.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
it was in the pda area yes

I've tried all the ports, none work, the notification area on lower right of my comp screen says USB device not recognized, and nothing is popping up in the ID:COM portion of the odin controls still.

Try different drivers from this page HERE,,,, also are you able to use someone elses computer

Bfascinated

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
tried to boot to recovery, I'm assuming you meant with battery installed, it only shows a dotted line and an orange triangle with and exclamation mark in between a little icon of a cell phone and a computer. that mean I bricked it and I'm out of luck?

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
WOW, this is what scares me about "rooting" the phone. Not for me. I see to many issues with the phone once it is rooted than I do with the standard 2.1, I will wait for froyo or ginger bread honey comb, snap, crackle or pop to show up. Just my .02

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
tried to boot to recovery, I'm assuming you meant with battery installed, it only shows a dotted line and an orange triangle with and exclamation mark in between a little icon of a cell phone and a computer. that mean I bricked it and I'm out of luck?

thats a brick but ive come back from that before,,,ok try this, put the battery in and try to connect to odin... see what happens

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
my comp is telling me unknown device, that mean its a comp and driver issue? or is it too far gone from the sound of it to you?

the way i am i wouldnt accept defeat lol i would keep downloading drivers till i found one that worked, , keep messing with battery in , battery out, plugging into different ports. if i could find a different computer i would....etc

but if you are underwarranty you could march into verizon or call and say that you woke up and found it that way . they most likely will just replace it