Odd issue where I lost all data and voice

SpeedNE1

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Tonight my rooted Fascinate decided it wanted to drop my data from 3g to a little red x and my phone calls went directly to voice mail. Then I was unable to get into my contacts and furthermore my task manager wouldn't work. It kept force closing the task manager. About 15min of that went on and I did a reboot and I was stuck in an infinite reboot never getting back to my phones main screen.

I was reading how Verizon could see who was rooted with new updates being pushed and I see the new patch came out this week. Am I the victim of a bricked phone now?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
All i can really say is that i was on normal stock but rooted for the last 3-4 days and didnt have an issue.

I think the guru's are gonna need some more info. Your rooted, are you rom'd? if so, which one?

What were you doing when if went screwy?

It is really hard to brick this thing so just hold tight, one of those in the know will help oout

SpeedNE1

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

I'm attempting to use Odin to go back to factory.
I was using Firmware 2.2.1
Kernal 2.6.32.9 V. EB01
Rom'd with EB01 Steel Blue V1.2SC2.6

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

I'm attempting to use Odin to go back to factory.
I was using Firmware 2.2.1
Kernal 2.6.32.9 V. EB01
Rom'd with EB01 Steel Blue V1.2SC2.6

So you'll need to check that your version of Super clean matches the theme you flashed, if not, I would reflash super clean without the theme and see if that helps. Also I would reflash your modem (via odin) if that doesn't help let us know and we'll see what else we can do for you. (I say we because I've gotta hit the hay, but there's more folks who will probably check in.)

SpeedNE1

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Well whether I bricked it or not I was able to get back to normal 2.2.1 with my data and voice returning. Not sure what happened but I'm done playing for tonight.

freeoscar

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
i am totally stock, and sometime around 7pm last night my phone decided to not to hook up to verizon for data or voice. everything else worked fine - wifi, music player, etc. I just needed to re-boot, but it's the first time that ever happened. NYC area.