How do I backup my phone?

dent1224

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the 2.2 to my Samsung fascinate but now my camera doesnt work...I called Verizon and they said i have to do a hard reset...Is there any other method to fix problem? If not..my understanding is that if i do a hard reset i will loose all my text messages and some apps as well as a lot of settings...Is there any app or program that I can get that will save all my data, including text messages, apps and their settings, emails, contacts etc. Thanks!!

gqathu

May 4, 2010
Visit site
You can use MyBackupPro or Titanium Backup to back-up all of your information and apps.

I am also having the camera issue, but it's looking like a hard reset is the only solution.

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you backup settings and apps on non-rooted phones?

Hi.
Given the issues that some people have with the new 2.2 OS (I'm having a few myself) and the best advice being to factory reset your phone (losing everything), I'm wondering if there are any options out there to NOT lose all your stuff.

So, are there backup programs that can backup and later restore things like:
-Desktop icons
-Application order in the list
-Apps that were installed previously
-Accounts and passwords
-Wifi settings and passwords
-Other program settings (for programs that do not store the data on the SD chip)

My guess is that some of these features will require root access, so I'm open to root-required backup programs, too, if needed.

Then the next question is: If I backup all this stuff, then factory reset, run the 2.2 update and restore all of it, will I also restore all the reasons that make the phone slightly unstable?

Thanks!

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'll check it out.
So, of I use that to backup my stuff and then restore it on top of 2.2, will that also re-introduce the issues I'm started having after updating to 2.2, i.e. original camera app not working, desktop crashing occasionally...?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'll check it out.
So, of I use that to backup my stuff and then restore it on top of 2.2, will that also re-introduce the issues I'm started having after updating to 2.2, i.e. original camera app not working, desktop crashing occasionally...?

When you do your restore through titanium backup make sure to use the option of restore all missing apps with data. Do not choose all apps or the two options that restore system data. That should reduce the chances of carrying those issues over.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
When you do your restore through titanium backup make sure to use the option of restore all missing apps with data. Do not choose all apps or the two options that restore system data. That should reduce the chances of carrying those issues over.

That requires root correct?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I'll give that a whirl when I have the time!

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to report:
Backup and restoring is working fine, but the camera issue after updating to 2.2 keeps returning...
I restored all my missing apps with their data and one by one selected specific settings to restore, e.g. Accounts, SMS, Gmail, Calendar, Memo, TWCLauncher - nothing else! Camera works all the time after each restore. As soon as I reboot, the camera issue comes back ("Please wait..." and no further response).

Also, is there a way to restore all apps without having to go through them all clicking "Install" and then "Done" about 185 times?

Please note, though, that I am very grateful for the information I have been given so far - at least I have a nearly clean 2.2 installation now AND still have all my apps - the camera seems to be the last hurdle...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non