calls not getting through

tchabalie

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The last several days I will get a voicemail notification but my phone has never rang. There are no missed calls in my call log either. Spoke to a friend the a Fascinate and he was haviong the same problem this week. I am rooted SuperClean and he is stock. Wondering if this is a Fascinate problem or a Verizon problem.

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The last several days I will get a voicemail notification but my phone has never rang. There are no missed calls in my call log either. Spoke to a friend the a Fascinate and he was haviong the same problem this week. I am rooted SuperClean and he is stock. Wondering if this is a Fascinate problem or a Verizon problem.

I was having this problem as well. One of the devs here told me to do the following:
1. dial *228, when prompted, hit option 1
2. phone will automatically reboot.
3. Once phone reboots, dial *228 again, this time choose option 2 when prompted.
4. phone will reboot again.

This procedure reactivates your phone and resets the roaming, or something like that. Suffice it to say that after doing this I've not missed any more calls, or had voice mail notifications show up without seeing a missed call. Hope this helps.

shoestring789

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

My wife and I both have Fascinates. Mine is rooted, hers is not. We BOTH had our devices exchanged thru Verizon for this same issue. We could be sitting side by side and I call her, and it not ring and vice versa. Since the phone is still under warranty, they chocked it up to a "corrupt 2.2 update", since our issues didnt seem to start until after the 2.2 OTA updates.

I was having this problem as well. One of the devs here told me to do the following:
1. dial *228, when prompted, hit option 1
2. phone will automatically reboot.
3. Once phone reboots, dial *228 again, this time choose option 2 when prompted.
4. phone will reboot again.

This procedure reactivates your phone and resets the roaming, or something like that. Suffice it to say that after doing this I've not missed any more calls, or had voice mail notifications show up without seeing a missed call. Hope this helps.

...And you are correct as to what this does. Option 1 "activates" your device. Option 2 updates your PRL (preferred roaming list). We did this as well, and it didnt seem to help. HOWEVER, ever since we have started using our replacement devices (me rerooted, her still stock), we havent had this issue!!

GOOD LUCK!!

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this same problem, now, on a never rooted fasicnate(that i've had since 10/10), with calls and alot of times texts will come in, in group of three. now the wife thinks i'm ignoring her calls and texts! nice. gotta love verizon.

seeing this now makes me wonder what i should do, sounds like the 228 doesn't really work and the replacment, well you know how that goes some do and some don't and if they don't then it seems like everyone gets into replacement merry go round hell!

aerichards1977

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in another thread here. Verizon is sending me another (different phone). I am getting a Droid X to see if this isn't the problem. I only have a few months to go until I can get a new phone but have been averaging 8-10 missed calls a day (not ringing on my end) and went through 6 devices while Verizon tried to troubleshoot. No avail on the troubleshoot.

As of now, there doesn't appear to be anything we can do to fix it - I have tried MANY different things to no avail either.

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
well, we will see if the new ED04 they just pushed, does what it says in helping with the call connectivity issues.

check your phone status update to get it, took about 5mins

desertdog

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Updated mine last night to ED04. Had my fascinate laying on the kitchen counter this morning tried calling it, it just sat there and the call went to voice mail:(

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm on ED01 now and have had this issue every so often even before rooting/ROMs. Most recently happened this past Sunday when I had a VM and no missed call. Not many people leave me voice mail anyway, so I'm not even sure if it happens more often (based on this thread I imagine it does) :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89