Cruzerlite Androidified Case Review

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone. I present to you the Androidified Android Case by Cruzerlite. I know there are a lot of cases out there. And going through some trials and tribulations with some cases, I think I might have just won my match.

Cruzer Lite

Some information from the site:

[INFO]Product Details
Cruzrerlite gel cases are made from shock absorbent and scratch resistant thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), this slim-fitting case provides great protection from day to day use and accidental bumps and spills. The sleek, light-weight design of the case fully wraps around the phone while also raising the front of the phone to protect the screen while face down. Precise cutouts provide easy access to all ports while buttons have been covered for protection from daily use. Flexible, easy to apply, and easy to remove, this affordable case comes in several different colors, allowing you to choose the case that fits you as well as it fits the phone.

This case is also available in Smoke, Red, Pink, Orange, Blue, Purple, Teal ,Green ,Clear, Black.

Manufactured by: Cruzer Lite
Merchant SKU: Pnik-TPU+PC-i515
Keep your Galaxy Nexus safe and protected in style.
Slip your Galaxy Nexus in to add color.
TPU is more cut and tear resistant than rubber. It is abrasion resistant, and has a high degree of transparency. This skin is more stiff than silicone skins, but remains flexible.
Applicaton and removal are easy.
Shock absorbent, shatterproof, and anti-scratch material[/INFO]

I just recieved my Black Cruzerlite case today and Im totally in love with it. From the design of Andy the Android on the back of it, to the form fit with the extended battery installed. Now this case will work for the Nexus normally without an extended battery. But I was pleased to find out that the case fits on your phone with the extended battery and cover installed! That was a hit for me. I started off with the Qmadix case. I love the fact that it has a holster with a swivel clip. Im not the guy who wants my phone in my pocket. Never have, so I have to go with something that has a clip. Now a quick slip on and off case is fine for while Im in the house. And thats what this case has provided me with and also allows me to use the Clip Holster from the Qmadix Case.

I dont like feel and texture of the Qmadix case. Even though it is nice and thin on the phone, it just makes my hand feel mushy in a way. So I eventually bought the extended battery and realized after I got home, that it doesnt fit snug while the case is installed and the phone has the battery cover on it. So take the battery cover off, and the Qmadix case slips on fine. I was ok with that for a little while. Then I looked into the Otterbox Commuter case. Was stoked to hear people say it works and fits right with the extended battery and cover on. So I finally got it, and it has a slight raise on the bottem (and they said it would, people that have it) and its actually not to bad. Then come to find out its a serious lint magnet. I just couldnt stand that since most of the time, my phone is in my pocket in pairs of sweatpants I normally wear while Im at the house. (Yeah, I like it BAGGY!) That wasnt really appealing to me, so I threw it back on ebay and sold it. Then I kept reading reviews of this Cruzerlite case. Seen pictures, saw the material and thought what the heck? Its a pretty good price, so Ill go at it.

Order it on Amazon, A black one, and shipping says at the end of Febuary. I emailed the seller and asked about it. I dont order on Amazon to much, so its like a whole new process everytime I do decide to make a purchase on there. Well, the owner of Cruzerlite (Joel) called me on my cell phone. I was amazed and suprised because Ive never had an owner of a company call me back about a product that Im purchasing from them, just to answer my question with a call instead of an email. That was actually really nice and pleasent. He explained why it says that to me and told me that so many people have been ordering them, some arent on hand and need to be re-ordered from the manufacturer. I understood and we got to talking a bit about where he is in TN (I was there for 4 months) and where I am now (NC originally from NJ) and other stuff about the product. The owner is a really nice guy and you can tell that hes a good hearted guy (I wish all companys had an owner like htat!) just form the conversation and the fact that I recieved a call back instead of an email. That shocked me. (He originally said the black one was on backorder and would ship me another for now, and ship the black one when it comes in) As he looked around after a bit, he did notice that he had 1 more black one there left and told me he would ship it right away, along with the teal one for good measure since originally, that was his offer before he realized there was a blackone left from a canceled order.

People who are like that are serious winners in my book. He didnt have to do that. But he did it for good measure, so a person like that will get a high recommendation from me. Even if I didnt get another shipped to me, I still wouldve thought highly of him and his company for even calling and having a conversation with a customer. That was really nice. Ok, so thats the story from that end, and today the cases got here.

I was blown away with the quality of it. The Android on the back feels nice and smooth but there is a nice grip about the case so it doesnt slide around out of your hand, or off a desk. The sides have nice little divits for extra grip and all the cut outs are perfectly in place. You can thank that to the Polyurethane for its flexibility and its perfect fit. (I worked for a company that made Polyurethane bodykits for Mustangs, and the company garenteed a perfect fit for there customers. So I know that the material is no joke. And what amazed me even more, is that the case fits on perfectly with the extended battery AND the back cover installed! Thats fantastic! Now I dont have to worry about feeling like the Nexus is hiding a naked rear end!

So I took it up a notch. Decided to see if my Clip Holster from the Qmadix case would fit. And to my suprise, with just a tad bit force, it slipped right in the holster. That, Ladies and Gentlemen, is a match for me. Awesome Geeky looking case that Im in love with, fitting in my Clip Holster so I can strap it on my hip. (Yeah, Im 28 but Im still cool with a holster case :D) Im very pleased with the quality, design and customer service that the company has offered me. Ill know who Ill be looking towards for cases whenever Im jumping the bandwagon for the latest and greatest Android phone! Check out the pics below! And if you dont have one, You need to put an order in on there website or Amazon.com. There fantastic!

EDIT: Dont know why I cant link my photobucket account to this page to show my pics on here, but eh. Sorry about that.

vaughn0095

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
+1 for these cases. Bought 3 different colors ($9.90 each and buy 2, get 1 free @ Amazon.com) and they arrived today. Very good build quality and the phone fits the case perfectly. This is my 3rd Nexus case and by far the best. Not trying anymore new ones and sticking with this for a while.

Great review Terrigno!!

Reactions: Terrigno

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
this is a single layer case isnt it? Almost looks like the android is a second layer. Its not bad looking but i would prefer it without andy, and it looks like they make an identicle case without andy, which is right up my ally. Im still waiting for my Seidio Active case to arrive, but this looks a little thinner for when im around the house. Thanks again for the nice review, appreciated.

guitardedhero

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
this is a single layer case isnt it? Almost looks like the android is a second layer. Its not bad looking but i would prefer it without andy, and it looks like they make an identicle case without andy, which is right up my ally. Im still waiting for my Seidio Active case to arrive, but this looks a little thinner for when im around the house. Thanks again for the nice review, appreciated.

The case without Andy has the volume rocker covered up.

Reactions: Jasper

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Right, they have the same one without Andy. But with Andy, it actually is like almost molded into the same layer. And the side pieces are also. For the deal the company is offering, its a great choice. 3 for the price of 2. :)

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Have you guys noticed a buildup of lint on the edges of the phone near the case borders?

I keep my phone in my pocket and although the case doesn't pick up lint, I get an accumulation of lint on the edge of the phone. When I just have the phone naked in my pocket, I don't have this problem.

It looks like the edge of the case is somehow trapping lint on my phone screen. I am using the black case at the moment.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed that myself. I never had that problem with these type of cases. Normally the rubber ones I do though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I don't really have any lint on the case, but more of a collection of lint on the screen near the edge.

Maybe I need to try some anti-static wipes or something

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its a bummer. He might get them in sooner though. But due to the chinese new year, a lot of manufactuers in china took a few weeks off.

wheezy276

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Bought and received the black clear and teal, they're great! OP is spot on accurate. The VZW landscape Y charging dongle does not fit in the usb hole though, going to exact-o it a lil larger. It really does help you grip and identify in the dark from top to bottom quickly. Other than that - great case!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Awesome Geeky Cruzerlite Androidified Case FTW! Im getting compliments already lol. The ladies thing its adorible. :D

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Nice writeup. What's that horrible looking blue thing in the bag that says Cruzerlite next to the phone that has the Cruzerlite case on it?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Nice writeup. What's that horrible looking blue thing in the bag that says Cruzerlite next to the phone that has the Cruzerlite case on it?

Thats the same case but in a transparent blue color. I havent taken it out of the package yet. Its like a Cynogenmod blue.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Such a shame they're sold out for another 2 weeks or so. I'd love a teal/cyan one, a smoke one, and a green one. Yes please!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez