Weird folder problem

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I tried installing the newest version of the euroskank ROM today via GooManager, and everything started acting weird. I then went back to the previous version of the ROM, but since reinstalling that, something weird has happened to my folders.
I have a folder on my SD partition named "0." Where it came from, I do not know. To access my pictures and backups, etc, I have to go into this folder, which has a copy of all my other folders inside it but they are empty. I then have to click on a folder inside that one named "0" also, which takes me to all of my original folders with data inside them. Because of this, I can't access my old backups and data from my phone without going through a file manager. I can't use GooManager or Titanium backup to go through both "0" folders to get to my backups.
It's like "Inception," but with folders, not dreams! Basically, all of my original info is two levels down from the current folders, if that makes any sense.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing you installed a 4.2 ROM which introduces the concept of profiles, multiple users per device.
In order to do that user folders are moved from the root of the sdcard partition to sub folders, 0 by default and then 1, 2, etc. One for each user.

I haven't had any issues with TiBu though. It's worked fine for me outa the box, you may want to check for an update to it. I know initially many apps had problems but I thought most of them were worked out by now.

I wouldn't go moving things around. That's just gonna mess up Android because it's expecting them to be in the '0' folder.

Last edited:

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of moving things around as well. I have to go to sdcard/0/0/0/0 just to get to all my original files.

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Not sure why. I clean flashed the rom. I don't want to delete any folders since I. Might break something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Since the same thing happened to my second phone I will probably take it back to stock and start over. I did a Titanium backup and the program would never find the backup to restore it. My total depth of "0" folders is now at 4 due to repeated tries, I guess.

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Since the same thing happened to my second phone I will probably take it back to stock and start over. I did a Titanium backup and the program would never find the backup to restore it. My total depth of "0" folders is now at 4 due to repeated tries, I guess.

Same here. I had 4 and deleted one and lost everything, lol. I might try a different rom and see if the same thing happens before I go back to stock. I hear that the new titanium back up works with 4.2.

Canuckfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had weird folder issues too. I flashed to 4.2 then flashed back to 4.1 (using a Nandroid) and i had the following folders containing all the same files: /sdcard, /storage/emulated/0, /storage/emulated/legacy, /storage/sdcard0. And just like greyhd mentioned above, deleting one causes all of them to be deleted (mirroring is the best term i can think of)

Went back to completely stock which solved some of the issues but i still have mirrored folders between /sdcard and /storage/sdcard0.

Anyone know how to solve the mirroring issue?

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had weird folder issues too. I flashed to 4.2 then flashed back to 4.1 (using a Nandroid) and i had the following folders containing all the same files: /sdcard, /storage/emulated/0, /storage/emulated/legacy, /storage/sdcard0. And just like greyhd mentioned above, deleting one causes all of them to be deleted (mirroring is the best term i can think of)

Went back to completely stock which solved some of the issues but i still have mirrored folders between /sdcard and /storage/sdcard0.

Anyone know how to solve the mirroring issue?

Seems this is an issue with the 4.2, I can understand one folder but why so many mirrors? I noticed mine goes from 3 then back to 1 then back to two.