[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] Codename Android 3.0.0 [JB][07/31/2012]

brainless#AC

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
ive been holding out switching roms waiting to see if they build a 4.1.2 build . Been on the 3.6.6 for a few days now . Poor batt life and the clock speed keeps reverting back to 700MHz

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi brainless,

This seems to be a problem with the stock kernel setup with the ROM. I've had this issue since 3.5 and know of a few others who have had this issue. It was suposed to be fixed in 3.6.6, but it wasn't. I think many CNA users either don't notice because the ROM works pretty well even at 700MHz or they flashed a kernel with the ROM and never had the problem. I've found that flashing the stock kernel again (not the ROM) solves the issue for me. Try flashing faux #21m (or #22m) again and see if that doesn't solve the issue.

I have also had a few black screens of death with 3.6.6 over the past week or so. When this happens, the phone is still running and you might see a notification light, but the power button won't wake the screen. The only way out is a battery pull. This was the first time I've ever had a stability issue with CNA and it only happens overnight. I tried flashing the ROM and kernel a couple of times but still had the issue. A few days ago I replaced CWM with TWRP and flashed the ROM and faux 22m kernel again. I wiped system, cache, and dalvic, but didn't wipe my data. Since then, my phone has been very stable. Take that for what it's worth.

EDIT: Until a few minutes ago...SOD again. :(

Last edited:

brainless#AC

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I too have had a couple of black screens .I will try out faux #21 or #22. Also had a couple of looonnngg reboots boot loop couple of times then it will boot . But I love the features of the ROM so I'll wait to see what's next . Thank you for the help ohiomoto

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
What's up CNA folks?! How's 3.8.0?! I've been happily riding the unicorn B5, especially now that my beloved lockscreen targets exist, but was thinking of flashing CNA. Other than this build being based off of 4.1.2 I don't see any changes I want or need. I do, however, need my LTE toggle and it looks like some folks have complained of data issues. So looks like 3.8.0 is a bust. Anyone see it differently?

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
3.8.0 has been working fine for me. Of course the 700 bug is still in it so I flashed the kernel again, but it's been completely stable otherwise. I hated the AKOP toggles so much that I'm using Power Toggles, but love the new GAPPS. Especially the new gmail with swipe to archive/delete.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear. Yeah I like the swipe to archive/delete new gmail too. Just sideloaded the cherry picked apk yesterday. Anything else in the new gapps? I've been using the same CNA jro03c "no picasa" gapps forever on all roms lol. What's not to like about AOKP's toggles? I wonder why CNA left the LTE toggle out. That's bush league at this stage of the game. IMO of course. My gnex is running so freaking fast and absolutely lag free on B5/M6 that I don't think it could be any better but I used SD Maid pro to clean up my sd card before and after flashing it. I'm thinking SD Maid deserves the credit rather than AOKP, so I was about to flash CNA to test my theory. Not that is was ever a sloth or laggy, but it's crazy fast now. I've decided just to enjoy it and I'll flash when I see something cool or start fiending for some crack...flashing. I definitely recommend trying out SD Maid or something like it.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I flashed this yesterday after skank didn't have an update for a few days. Really nice. Has one feature that the others don't have yet and that is to remove the alarm icon in the status bar.

New DD at least for a couple days. ;p

Sent from my mind (;))

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Been dropping in at CNA's forums every so often to see if anything is brewing for 4.2. I had been pretty quiet over there. I figured he was probably waiting for CM to release a stable build to work with, but the site has been down for a couple of days now.* I hope he isn't bagging the ROM because I think he does a nice job putting them together. In the mean time, you can still download the latest 4.1 builds from the download site.

* Yes, he builds on CM and they had issues with him, but he was giving proper credit with his latest ROMs. He even provided a way for CNA users to donate to other projects IN his ROM.

2012-10-20 12.33.49.png

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Been dropping in at CNA's forums every so often to see if anything is brewing for 4.2. I had been pretty quiet over there. I figured he was probably waiting for CM to release a stable build to work with, but the site has been down for a couple of days now.* I hope he isn't bagging the ROM because I think he does a nice job putting them together. In the mean time, you can still download the latest 4.1 builds from the download site.

* Yes, he builds on CM and they had issues with him, but he was giving proper credit with his latest ROMs. He even provided a way for CNA users to donate to other projects IN his ROM.

I been on 3.8 for ages. That build came out on Oct 19 if I am not mistaken. A whole month on the same rom--blasphemy! I stick with it cos I thinks it is superior. Plus my crackflashing habit has really toned down. Wish I could quit smoking like that.

If he don't come out with something soon, and the other 4.2 stuff gets refined, I will move on.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I just went on goo.im to check out activity. The latest stable was on 10/19 like I said and the latest nightly was on 10/5. Its not looking good. I remeber when he bagged out of his ics stuff. People were not happy. He just dropped that like a hot potato.
Oh well, its not the end of the world eh?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you won't see anything from him until both CM and AOKP start publishing their work on 4.2 to github. Unless he just ports some of their older ones to it first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure you won't see anything from him until both CM and AOKP start publishing their work on 4.2 to github. Unless he just ports some of their older ones to it first.

Agreed, but 4.2 came out only recently. To not update his 4.1 stuff for over a month does not bode well. I'll move on soon, when the theme engine comes around for 42. :0

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

Right. I wasn't expecting to see anything yet, but I didn't expect the site to be down either. Probably nothing to it.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I look at these ROMs the same way I look at hamburgers. Some days I like Five Guys, some days I like In-n-out. I don't have a "loyalty" to any one ROM just as I don't have a loyalty to any one burger. If someone else makes a good customized 4.2 ROM then I'll give it a try. Doesn't mean I've "moved on", just means I was in the mood for something different. I'll be back when the CNA mood strikes me.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I look at these ROMs the same way I look at hamburgers. Some days I like Five Guys, some days I like In-n-out. I don't have a "loyalty" to any one ROM just as I don't have a loyalty to any one burger. If someone else makes a good customized 4.2 ROM then I'll give it a try. Doesn't mean I've "moved on", just means I was in the mood for something different. I'll be back when the CNA mood strikes me.

Totally agreed. I hate when ppl try to ram a rom they are running down your throat because they adamantly declare that 'their' rom is the best and you are dumb to run any other. I used to run only aokp and 'may' have acted this way 'slightly' in the past. :p I am on cna now just because at the time it had more features than the 2 big guns, cm and aokp. I never changed cos this has served me well and maybe laziness.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Codename Android forum site this morning and Google stopped me saying it was a malicious site. Wonder what's going on there. Here's the page I got from Google...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for codenameandroid.com

What is the current listing status for codenameandroid.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 32 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 5 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-11-25, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-11-23.

Malicious software includes 4 trojan(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including mleysfj.mysecondarydns.com/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS26496 (PAH), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, codenameandroid.com appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 1 site(s) including htcmania.com/.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
It would appear that CNA is dead. No tweets, no forum posts, no updates for a month and a half now. It may be time to move on. A shame.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
If nothing comes up after CM10.1 is a little further developed then I'll agree. Until then I'll probably stick with MMuzzy's 4.2 ROM and keep tabs on Euroshank's progress with CM10.1.

EDIT: Looks like he tweeted about 12 days ago.

Tweets
16 Nov Codename(Android) ‏@CodenameAndroid
Just want to let you know I have 4.2 up and running making plans for the upgrade
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite

But the site is still being flagged for having malware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non