[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] Codename Android 3.0.0 [JB][07/31/2012]

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am running CNA 3.5 now so you are saying dsp manager is already installed? I guess I am wanting more.

I assume this is the Sirius sound quality but the bass response is horrible. The eq app I have helps a little but not much.

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely worth running for awhile at the very least. Another plus for me is that Light Flow is working properly on AOKP. I know most roms incoporate LED functions now, but I like that I can just backup/restore my settings using LF. That said, I used to think you had to have the pulse notification setting unchecked in setting for LF to work, and I'm pretty sure you did at least back in ICS, but it's working with it checked on AOKP. So maybe that's why it wasn't working on other JB roms.

I am still using LF on CNA 3.5 and have been using it way back since CNA on ICS. LOVE it.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I am running CNA 3.5 now so you are saying dsp manager is already installed? I guess I am wanting more.

I assume this is the Sirius sound quality but the bass response is horrible. The eq app I have helps a little but not much.

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it's built in but you have to go into the app to adjust settings etc. Perhaps that's the eq app you are referring to....does it say DSP Manager? LOL.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Guess I'll give 3.6 a download. It's too bad I hastily updated to the newest version of Apex Launcher, though, because Apex is now borked, for the moment. :/ Really sucks, because I have a lot of customization set up in Apex, and I don't want to have to redo all that for a different launcher, so I'm going to have to wait for an Apex update. @_@

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Bummer.

I keep my set up so clean it takes me less than 10-15 minutes to set my phone up from a full wipe. I have one home screen with the stock icons, CM's "Early Corn" wallpaper that I drop Fancy Widgets weather widget and the stock clock widget on. Then I set up wave launcher with my favorite apps and tweak the gesture area. I check the fast charge mod in kernel controls, enable the notification power widget, set up the hotspot, disable next word prediction on the keyboard and change the ringtone. That's maybe 10 minutes. If I set up navigation bar and lock screen targets it takes a few extra minutes.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've never done this myself, but after flashing CNA 3.6 today Nova asked if I wanted to import my homescreens from another launcher. So you should be able to do that if you don't want to wait for Apex to get straightened out.

3.6 is buttery smooth. Love having my lockscreen targets again. The unicorn was very nice otherwise.

ellisz - I did have to manually flash DSP Manager for 3.6, so maybe I did for 3.5 too. If you don't see it in your apps flash it via the link I posted above. It's well worth it IMHO.

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Guess I'll give 3.6 a download. It's too bad I hastily updated to the newest version of Apex Launcher, though, because Apex is now borked, for the moment. :/ Really sucks, because I have a lot of customization set up in Apex, and I don't want to have to redo all that for a different launcher, so I'm going to have to wait for an Apex update. @_@
Apex is updated .......A lot of the changes and new features are Jelly Bean-based.......About dang TImE!!

ANd YEs 3.6.0 IS A BEAST!!!! On the LAstest --- AOSP base 4.1.1_r6 (JRO03R)-- to boot.

CAn the OP p le a s e be updated?? (Title)?

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm running CNA for the first time. Jumped right to 3.6. It's very smooth. I like it alot. I wish there was a way to customize the pulldown screen (with a photo) and the dummy lights for gmail, text, etc like Sourcery has, but I haven't had a single issue since flashing it last night. Very impressive

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Come to Beavis....
yvejynu2.jpg

Beamed from the future via Tapatalk

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
ellisz - I did have to manually flash DSP Manager for 3.6, so maybe I did for 3.5 too. If you don't see it in your apps flash it via the link I posted above. It's well worth it IMHO.

LOL - I was using a generic equalizer app from the market. After flashing DSP Manager, it is a whole new world. Made a huge difference in the car! Thanks.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys just wanted to let you know I hadn't forgotten you here! Am going to update the first post with the 3.6.5 details from the official CNA site tomorrow. Still, the links in the first post will direct you to the download for it for those that want it. Been a busy week and weekend for me (lots of football and a music festival), but I will flash to 3.6.5 tomorrow (am sure some of you already have). Hope you guys have had a great weekend!

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm running CNA for the first time. Jumped right to 3.6. It's very smooth. I like it alot. I wish there was a way to customize the pulldown screen (with a photo) and the dummy lights for gmail, text, etc like Sourcery has, but I haven't had a single issue since flashing it last night. Very impressive

You can change the notification background (ie. pulldown screen) in CNA 3.6.5. In the Interface>General settings. Just fyi. Otherwise it's buttery smooth and super stable as expected.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Agree. I got to say Codename sure does package his ROMs well. Besides the plethora of features, each build is stable (not including his nightlies).

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
You can change the notification background (ie. pulldown screen) in CNA 3.6.5. In the Interface>General settings. Just fyi. Otherwise it's buttery smooth and super stable as expected.

Is it transparent by default?

Tapatalk sent from the future

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just updated original post to include info for 3.6.6. Have not updated to this version as Nothing major new added (IMO) and am quite happy with 3.6.5. Feel free to share your impressions if you want. Hoping 3.7 is based on 4.1.2 Android (assuming Google releases it for the Nexus and not jumping straight to 4.2 as the rumored LG Nexus 4 will launch with.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
It's been 9 days since the last ROM. Looks like there's trouble with the new version. It got pulled after users complained about boot loop after install.

Anyone know how long this might be? I may try CM10 M2 while waiting if it's going to be a while.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. I've been happily running an aokp 4.1.2 build but I'm getting a bit antsy. It doesn't seem like many rom devs have released 4.1.2 builds yet. Not that I'm uber impressed with the 1 finger notification expansion but I like to be on the latest builds. I love that this aokp nightly build finally has lockscreen targets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174