Cant seem to install Android 4.2 update.

Capeorigins

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, my verizon galaxy nexus is supposed to be receiving a android 4.2 jellybean Update today, except I am currently running a custom 4.1 jellybean rom, my problem is I cant figure out how to install 4.2? I've tried the following options: Flashing the update(Clockwork mod wouldn't flash it!), I've tried the root toolkit, I tried looking for the option in clockwork "apply update from adb.", and I tried flashing back to stock but couldn't find a way to do it.:-!

And Im stuck. :mad:
So if anyone can help: Thanks

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe it's only for the "takju" models right now - not the VZW or any non-Play Store version.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so then "takju" means att and tmobile? or no? and also what do you mean "non-Play Store version." ?

"non-Play Store version" means versions of the Gnex not sold through the Play Store (Verizon's is one of those sold outside the Play Store). For us Verizon users, we need to wait months for an OTA update, or better yet wait a couple of days to flash a custom rom.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You will not see this update as an OTA for months. That's how Verizon rolls, and that's we'll never see another Nexus device on Verizon. However, if you unlock/root the phone, you'll probably be able to install this update in a day or two. If you don't want to unlock/root your GN, I have no idea why you got one...that's what this phone was meant to do.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
You will not see this update as an OTA for months. That's how Verizon rolls, and that's we'll never see another Nexus device on Verizon. However, if you unlock/root the phone, you'll probably be able to install this update in a day or two. If you don't want to unlock/root your GN, I have no idea why you got one...that's what this phone was meant to do.

Rumor has it Verizon is getting the nexus 4.

Capeorigins

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey again, cool thanks for the info, and yes I did root it and unlocked it the first day I got it :). But do you know of any roms based on 4.2? or a way to flash 4.2?, because I had a custom rom with 4.2 Gapps but I was really looking forward to using 4.2.

Thanks.

estods3

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys im new here but i just rooted my galaxy nexus from verizon and it worked fine. Afterward i tried to get the 4.2 camera, clock, gallery, and keyboard and they all failed! Everytime i open any of those apps it says ''gallery has stopped'' or ''clock has stopped''. My question is can i fix this ? If i get a custom 4.2 rom will it give me my camera gallery clock and keyboard back? Help please.

Capeorigins

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys im new here but i just rooted my galaxy nexus from verizon and it worked fine. Afterward i tried to get the 4.2 camera, clock, gallery, and keyboard and they all failed! Everytime i open any of those apps it says ''gallery has stopped'' or ''clock has stopped''. My question is can i fix this ? If i get a custom 4.2 rom will it give me my camera gallery clock and keyboard back? Help please.

Hmm... Interesting, it worked for me. try flashing it again? if not then maybe try a different gapps if theyre available.

estods3

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I got the keyboard to work! Im using it now. I tried to get the camera and gallery again from thishttp://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-roms-hacks/220830-jelly-bean-4-2-camera.html forum but it didn't work. I put the gallarygoogle.apk in system app with proper permissions and I put the gmscore.apk in the same spot with same permissions. Then I put the two lib files from the two links from dmmarck's second post in the lib folder unzipped with the proper permissions.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hold up, I thought we were toro? Or is that something completely different

We are Toro... Nexus devices technically have 2 'codenames', for no other reason than to make things more complicated for you, lol jk :)

Galaxy Nexus devices come in Maguro and Toro flavors (and Toroplus, for Sprint), while the Maguro flavor comes in yakju and takju varieties and the Toro one is known as mysid. Confused yet? Don't stress it, it's not something you need to worry about really :)

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Rumor has it Verizon is getting the nexus 4.

I'll believe that when it happens. I really don't care if they get another one or not. I'm about ready to bail on Verizon. They've gotten too big, powerful, expensive and dictatorial for my personal taste. If the user reviews look good for the N4, I'm leaving for T Mobile. I know the service wont be as good, but the more people that hook up with other carriers, the more money they have to expand coverage. Besides, it's the only way a person can communicate their dissatisfaction with Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699