Pre-Orders/Stores that Confirm Availability

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Woot I just got a call.

wow guys, this must be correct. I just called a store in Tampa, Florida and got the manager and he told me they are expecting them the 9th. I asked him if I were to come in at 9am on the 9th would he have one and he said yes. He even took my name and said he would hold one for me. So they must be getting them in on Thursday sometime and putting them for sale the next day. If anyone on here lives near Tampa and is interested in what store I called just PM me. He told me that he doesn't think its necessary to hold one for me because all the stores are getting them but he said he would.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

My local store in Cleveland wouldn't give me a release date, but the Rep did say that they got all the accessories in already.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
He sounded like an honest good guy, and he said he just got in for his shift so he checked his computer incase there was any new news, and he said they had nothing new yet. We shall see. Very interesting phone launch if I do say so myself.

Military recruiters who promises you Hawaii if enlist sound honest too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reactions: Premium1

James_C

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Here in Orange County, CA, around my area, I called a few Verizon stores. They all said they have no idea when the GN will launch. No shipments, no word on release. No accessories have been received either and will be available whenever the GN launches.

There is a rep in Los Angeles that I keep in touch with and this is what he texted me:
Me: "Hey I hear that the galaxy nexus is coming out this Thurs. or Fri. Any word? Could I get that placed on hold for me?
Him: "Not 100% sure but it will come out next or this week so ill hold one for you and ill give you a call when it come out" [sic]

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

I called two verizon stores in my area and both said they have had accessories for a while now and both confirmed that Friday will be the day to purchase them.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
wow guys, this must be correct. I just called a store in Tampa, Florida and got the manager and he told me they are expecting them the 9th. I asked him if I were to come in at 9am on the 9th would he have one and he said yes. He even took my name and said he would hold one for me. So they must be getting them in on Thursday sometime and putting them for sale the next day. If anyone on here lives near Tampa and is interested in what store I called just PM me. He told me that he doesn't think its necessary to hold one for me because all the stores are getting them but he said he would.

Sweet!! Glad I'm not the only one. Its almost here

SCampbell27

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I lost my voice from having to do field training all weekend in wet/cold conditions. Can someone call the store by me, and ask if they know about a launch this week? Thanks if you can.

(301) 638-7600

sahilm

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site

I just called my local store. The guy I spoke to had no clue about anything. He said that they normally have releases on Thursday but he had gotten no news of any such event for this week. He checked with his manager, and they're not doing any holding of phones, although he said their iPhone stock lasted for launch day and they started to run out of stock the second day, so he wouldn't imagine different for the GN.

He also said that he checks online articles about this stuff, because Verizon tells him after the news is already online.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

I just called 4 stores. The last one said they gave a coporate meeting tomorrow and to call after 10am so he can confirm the thurs/fri release 100%.:)

Reactions: MetalPhoenix79

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting the feeling this is not going to be released everywhere until early next week. Sounds like only select stores are getting it (or reps are falsely committing to deals they can't deliver on).

I'll really think I'm right if we don't hear anything from Verizon by the end of the day Monday.

bidoof01

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

I called a verizon store and clerk told me to give her my name and number so she can call me when I can preorder. She promptly told me it should be in a day or two.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting the feeling this is not going to be released everywhere until early next week. Sounds like only select stores are getting it (or reps are falsely committing to deals they can't deliver on).

I'll really think I'm right if we don't hear anything from Verizon by the end of the day Monday.

The thing is that if 1 verizon corp store gets it and can sell it all will get it and be able to sell it. I think what people are saying is true and most of the stores will either get stock tomorrow or tues and then would know. Verizon usually does not send the phones to stores way in advance and I know the stores around me get it the day before usually.

idkwhothatis123

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The thing is that if 1 verizon corp store gets it and can sell it all will get it and be able to sell it. I think what people are saying is true and most of the stores will either get stock tomorrow or tues and then would know. Verizon usually does not send the phones to stores way in advance and I know the stores around me get it the day before usually.

Truth. Its a security measure as well. Hell for the iCrap launches we got the phones two days before and had overnight security to make sure no one broke in lol. VZW has trust issues.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk

Reactions: Premium1