they were supposed to sell it today!

automaddux

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
So I was in the post office getting an application for my passport renewal and across the street I saw this bright, flashing sign with a big Verizon logo stamped on top. I took a double take as I saw the words "Samsung Galaxy Nexus is here!" Dodging traffic, I sprinted across the street and nearly fell into the Verizon store in my hometown of Memphis TN. My spirits fell as soon as they were lifted however when the rep informed me that they did, in fact, have them in stock but were not selling them yet. I pursued a bit more about the reason for the delay to which she replied "I don't know why it was delayed all I know is that it was supposed to go on sale today." Guys and gals, I hate to be a bummer and share this with you but it's not all gloom and doom. The kind, albeit uninformed, sales rep settled my soul a little by making me write down my info and told me that it will definitely go on sale within the next few days. She said more than likely "early next week" and that she will give me a call, and hold one back for me the day it goes on sale. I know this info is a bit like stale bread by now but I was just so excited to see that damn sign with those beautiful words on it I had to share it with the rest of the community. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and spends some quality time with their current phones because come next week the latest and greatest will finally be in our hands!
Peace!

caasheew

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Well it's good to know that stores plan on actively advertising they have stock.

On a side note , someone should make and android app and call it the "Galaxy Nexus Phone Delay Generator" :)

adm7749

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I went to a best buy store because they open an hour earlier then the Verizon stores. The employee said the GN is available but when he checked the computer he said sorry I can't sell it yet. He also said he knew when it was going on sale but could not tell me. Pretty pissed right now

LMU

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
What I don't understand is why Verizon can't just pick a date, even if it's three weeks from now, announce said date, and stick with it. This way if there's any more issues, they have time to remedy them, and if they can't make it, just announce and apologize for the delay. I'd honestly prefer to preorder the thing and have it show up on my doorstep when I get home from work rather than having to monitor blogs for a release date and try to swoop into the Verizon store by the office to grab one before they run out. You'd think a major corporation would have a more organized system.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
^lol. Yet another nail in the tire of the "Verizon never said..." bandwagon.

It would be funny if you actually believed that. Sometimes I forget that these forums are shared with adults, and very young kids.

Verizon did announce a release date.. 2011..

Since when was there a law though stating that you cant advertise something that doesnt have a release date? its quite obvious Verizon has been moving this date around internally.. for whatever reasons.. but just because some insider-nerds leak some info doesnt mean verizon needs to answer to whiney forum trolls.. whatever is leaked.. is void...

I see all kinds of ads and trailers for movies and games that say "Coming Soon".. I guess they should pull those hundreds of thousands of dollars of ads off the tv and internet.. because nemov.. referencing a neon sign outside of a Verizon store.. said so.

Reactions: ultravisitor

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Since when was there a law though stating that you cant advertise something that doesnt have a release date? its quite obvious Verizon has been moving this date around internally.. for whatever reasons.. but just because some insider-nerds leak some info doesnt mean verizon needs to answer to whiney forum trolls.. whatever is leaked.. is void...

+100

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Why is Verizon sending signs to stores when they haven't announced a release date? /sarcasm

Um...so that they have the signs ready for when it's available?

I don't even see how your comment makes any sense, sarcastic or not. A release date and promotional signs need not be hand in hand or dependent on one another.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Well did they say?

ROFL...I knew you'd pop in with that schtick. Thanks, you didn't disappoint...[I giggle as I type >]..To answer you're question, do they have to, if the proof is in the pudding just deadeying you right in your face.. Or is this thread just a lil to difficult to wrap your head around. Everytime I see you post this junk, you sound like Baghdad Bob, that pr guy Hussein had doing those press junkets claiming America wasn't invading as the ground and camera trembled to the sounds of bombs dropping around them. Shock and awe couldn't convince those guys but we all saw the signs and we know how that turned out.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
It would be funny if you actually believed that. Sometimes I forget that these forums are shared with adults, and very young kids.

Verizon did announce a release date.. 2011..

I see all kinds of ads and trailers for movies and games that say "Coming Soon".. I guess they should pull those hundreds of thousands of dollars of ads off the tv and internet.. because nemov.. referencing a neon sign outside of a Verizon store.. said so.

I'm not sure what you are trying to get at with this cause I agree w/ this comment. Both Nemov and I took a jabjabbed at the people who claim there hasn't been delays, bugs. or a release date, etc.,. cuz Verizon hasn't gone public with a.press release w/ details on the chain of events. We just did it sarcastically. I think you missed that part. They wouldn't have in store materials if they didn't have release plans in place.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87