Question: How Do You Add Contact Shortcuts To Home Screen?

JayMSY

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
So I am a proud Nexus owner as of 1pm. :)

I have figured out how to add app shortcuts to home screens but not contacts. Any clue?

I would like to have a shortcut for "Home" so when I press it it dials my home phone. How do I add these?

Thanks!

crenca

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Having widgets stored away in the app drawer certainly will take some getting used to. But it's a good change :)

I my opinion, it's a bad change. What was wrong with the long press on the home screen to access widgets, direct dial, etc? Having the long press on a home screen do nothing except something as frivolous as changing a wallpaper is a waste. The long press is intuitive, the app drawer is a buried, nested function...

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I my opinion, it's a bad change. What was wrong with the long press on the home screen to access widgets, direct dial, etc? Having the long press on a home screen do nothing except something as frivolous as changing a wallpaper is a waste. The long press is intuitive, the app drawer is a buried, nested function...
Actually I don't like long-press that much. In the places where long-press brings up the context menu for a specific item (like in Messaging, etc.) it makes perfect sense. Having to long-press on the home screen to find widgets is not intuitive, I'd say. If you think that getting to widgets by app drawer -> widgets tab is less useful or more time consuming than long-pressing the homescreen, hitting Widgets and waiting a moment for the list to come up, whatever floats your boat.

Edit: And as far as "What was wrong with the long press...", Matias Duarte said Google is moving away from long pressing toward gestural controls - just like how with HC and ICS they've moved from burying the options menu under the Menu button to being on-screen options and an overflow menu.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus was my first smart phone ever.. So I learned how to add widgets by going through app drawer.. However, since I now use Nova Launcher, you can add them by holding down on the homescreen, and I like adding them that way MUCH better. So it's not something I was just "used" to because I never used Gingerbread or anything before that.