How to edit contacts?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I have tried long pressing the contact looking in all the menus, but can't figure out how to edit.
There is probably a really obvious answer and I'm gonna look like an a&$. Enlighten me please. TIA

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Open the contact you want to edit...then in the top right corner of the screen press the there dots. then select edit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: shaytoon21

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Open the contact you want to edit...then in the top right corner of the screen press the there dots. then select edit

When in the dialer and on the contact tab, it doesn't open, it just dials the number when I tap or long press.
There is no contact apk either. How do you open a contact?
Can you try on your phone?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah mine dials from the dialer contact tab... But there is a people Apk that allows you to edit in the app drawer

Reactions: davey11

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
You're the man as always. Strange how you can't edit from the dialer like gb and froyo. Who would think of looking for a people app.
Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Lol thanks glad I could help. Maybe we are missing something. I'll check it out tomorrow when I'm more awake and I'll get back to you if I find anything.

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
To get to where you can edit the contact from the dialer app, you need to go to the contacts list and click on the picture of the person (or where the picture would be if you had one), not the name. It will pop up a half page with the contact's picture and number. Click on the person's picture again. That will take you to the person's entry in the People app. From there you can edit the contact.

Last edited:

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
When in the dialer and on the contact tab, it doesn't open, it just dials the number when I tap or long press.
There is no contact apk either. How do you open a contact?
Can you try on your phone?

Tap the contact icon picture. You can edit from the pop up as well. :thumbup:

Dropped from XparentLiquidNexus via TapaTalk

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Tap the contact icon picture. You can edit from the pop up as well. :thumbup:

Lol thanks. If you check the date this thread was made, it says Dec 18. The poster above you must have dug way deep in the archive to drag this thread out of the depths. ;)

*insert witty tapatalk2 sig*

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Ha ha yeah. I seen that after I submitted my post. I normally look for low response threads to help anyone that hasn't been helped yet. Gotta love the lost and forgotten! :D;)

jimrob233

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I've picked up this thread since I got a Chinese Android 4 phone for Christmas. The model is apparently W007. I can't edit my contacts. The three dots menu button doesn't appear anywhere. If I go into the people app, I get a list of people with a place for pictures. If I touch where the picture should be, I get a page with a picture space and the data for that contact. There's no menu button and touching the picture space again does nothing.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I've picked up this thread since I got a Chinese Android 4 phone for Christmas. The model is apparently W007. I can't edit my contacts. The three dots menu button doesn't appear anywhere. If I go into the people app, I get a list of people with a place for pictures. If I touch where the picture should be, I get a page with a picture space and the data for that contact. There's no menu button and touching the picture space again does nothing.

I just got an email alert for this thread. I was kinda shocked. Exactly 1 year old thread, cool.

Must be that phone's particular manufacturers skin that makes editing different. Try tapping all icons and fields and generally mucking around. You should find something. GL

Sent from my mako :)p)

jimrob233

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I've tried all the icons and buttons, but all they can come up with is to call the number, send an email or take me back to the previous screen. On the "people" list I have a search icon and one that takes me to entering a new contact. If I go into a particular entry, all the icons disappear. There's no friendly three dots. I can add contacts provided I check them carefully before hitting "done", but I can't find any way of deleting them again. I've also found a lack of a menu button in other apps. I can only assume that this is down to a bit of short-sightedness in the firmware and that someone will come up with a better solution in time.

What might provide a solution would be an app that syncs Android people with the Windows address book. I haven't found one yet. Does anyone fancy writing one?

Last edited:

jimrob233

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I've found the answer. Once you have the individual contact on the screen, you hold down the "back" button and eventually up pops a menu. Hardly intuitive!

kirribilli

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
jimrob - I too am a proud owner off the W007. The "hold back button" to get the menu is also needed to copy contacts to and from the SIM and the phone in case you need that.

Your post helped me find that so thanks.

Murray Scott2

May 19, 2014
Visit site
As another proud owner of a noname (Star?) N7000 phone, I share these difficulties... no 3-dot menu, no response to long press on goback touchspot (possibly complicated by elusiveness of that touchspot). My question is not so much editing individual contacts but how to wipe the "star" list of so-called frequently used contacts which in my case are anything but. It is cluttered up with last-year's contacts and does not register ones I actually use frequently.
I need some editor with an overview of the people app. Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez