WiFi Software seems to be the problem, IMO

Scottee28

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
The WiFi software and its settings seem to be an issue. On my GN, turning off WiFi , seems to increase signal strength for 4G. I normally display 1-2 bars on 4G inside my apartment, with WiFi off I normally get 2-3 bars consistently. If I change advance settings of WiFi, such as WiFi sleep options, the phone experiences a random reboot shortly thereafter, or an os file (system) FC'ing a short time later. I changed WiFi band preference from auto to 2.4, then tried to answer the phone after about 20 minutes, phone reset again. I turned off WiFi and reset the phone, no problems for 48 hours so far. The WiFi software seems to be an issue, IMO.

Scottee28

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you leave WiFi on when you leave your home? Or do you turn it off? If I dont change any settings, WiFi is fine when I come and go, but I experience much lower 4G signal. With WiFi Off, 4G shows as stronger, but when I mess with the settings, the phone will reset soon that day. Its random.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
When I remember I turn wifi off when I leave home because I don't want it to use some open WAP and sync my data.

I have a tasker profile set to disable it when I go to work.